Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
uraszz

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby uraszz » 20 Dec 2015 18:12

Hello!

I'm new to Lucid Dreaming and have a question that's been bothering me for some time now. I'm Bilingual (fully fluent in both English and Turkish). I'm curious if one language would be stronger than the other.

I speak Turkish daily but do all my research and readings in English (my thinking is 50/50 I guess)

Would techniques like M.I.L.D. be affected by this?

Many thanks!

Sincerely

[ Post made via Android ] Image

TheRealDJZ

Postby TheRealDJZ » 25 Dec 2015 02:13

Yo! I'm new here so let me know if I'm doing anything wrong... I'd like advice on lucid dreaming:

I tried when I first found out about it every day for about 3 weeks, it didn't work out so I stopped for two weeks and I've carried on since. 2 weeks later I think I had one lucid dream but I got too excited and woke up immediately after, I'm not sure if I was just imagining it though. My dream recall is pretty good and I remember a couple of dreams every night and even though I've tried MILD,WILD and WBTB methods, I just can't seem to lucid dream! I often forget but usually get at least a couple RC's daily.....anybody got any advice other than to just keep going at it?

shutterbugjen

Postby shutterbugjen » 26 Dec 2015 17:14

@TheRealDJZ- I'm right there with you-- I've managed one lucid dream in a couple of weeks and it's discouraging that it's not automatically happening all the time! My subconscious seems to be BEGGING me to become lucid though-- last night I dreamed I was looking through my Instagram feed and the pictures I was seeing were settings where previous dreams had taken place and I was thinking "Wow, I've seen these places in my dreams!" (HELLOOOOOO lucidity cue!!! Wanted to smack myself for not picking up on that one!) There are loads of great articles on this site about becoming lucid. Click through there and see what's interesting. There are lots of great tips and methods. You probably need to do more reality checks (you said you get "at least a couple.") From what I've read on here, they need to be happening around 10 times a day. Here's hoping we both see more dreams soon!
"for a dreamer, night's the only time of day..." -Jack Feldman, Santa Fe

DreamExplorer96

Postby DreamExplorer96 » 06 Jan 2016 19:14

Is it normal when you are on the road to lucid dreaming to feel like everything is pressing on you when you try to change the secene. I was able to change the secene in a dream I had last night and it slipped away. I was only able to change some elements. Not others. And well perhaps I have broken one barrier. One must make sure their energies are stable. A key I think is the confidence to be calm with the dream around you. You feel the dream, you know that you are dreaming and be calm. Is this the truth?

Prince Demitri

Postby Prince Demitri » 06 Jan 2016 21:26

uraszz wrote:Hello!

I'm new to Lucid Dreaming and have a question that's been bothering me for some time now. I'm Bilingual (fully fluent in both English and Turkish). I'm curious if one language would be stronger than the other.

I speak Turkish daily but do all my research and readings in English (my thinking is 50/50 I guess)

Would techniques like M.I.L.D. be affected by this?

Many thanks!

I don't think it would effect it too much. I'm kinda bilingual myself (fluent in both English and ASL), and have had dreams in both languages. If your thinking is 50/50, with regular use of both languages, then you should be able to use either language (or even a combination of them) with the MILD technique, and get positive results.

I would be interested to hear how experimenting with this goes for you.
Cheers! 8-)
Oneironaut experience: ~28 years
Average LDs per month: Usually 16 to 30 (depending on whether or not I want to)

I enjoy helping others and answering questions. 8-)

John_Jnr

Postby John_Jnr » 23 Jan 2016 20:54

Hiyah, i'm new to this whole lucid dreaming thing however i have experienced sleep paralysis before a couple of times. The sleep paralysis does come with scary hallucinations but i am now aware of it just being in the mind. I get sleep paralysis 100% of the times when i am sleeping on my back so i thought it would be easiest to lucid dream after receiving the paralysis. I haven't got the lucid dreaming as of yet because i am currently struggling to get into the phase. I lay on my back for 10-20 minutes and become completely relaxed. I feel my body falling asleep and yet i am still able to think. However when i get to the REM stage my eyes start to move uncontrollably and extremely fast. This causes my heart rate to rise and then i struggle to keep my eyes closed. It then causes me to open my eyes which then i lose all progress. How would i ease the movement of my eyes, keep my eyes shut and keep my heart rate low. And also what should i do when i start to feel it kicking in (i'm not sure what is kicking in, whether it be lucid dreaming or sleep paralysis)

Many Thanks

snowman

Postby snowman » 22 Mar 2016 20:32

Hello! I'm 25 and new here . I would like to know how can I get LD in a short time ? Are galantamine and choline good for this purpose ? How can I sue them ? I'm very keen about LD but impatient..
"You're waiting for a train. A train that will take you far away. You know where you hope the train will take you, but you can't be sure. Yet it doesn't matter. Now, tell me why?"
Because we'll be together.

LucidCamostar34

Postby LucidCamostar34 » 23 Mar 2016 13:13

Ok so here's what happened. I was having a dream then it went all black. I was like "hey, I'm dreaming."
Then I started spinning around. Then I woke up. :/ What happened and did I have a 5 second lucid dream?

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
We can only dream....

owl_scar314

Postby owl_scar314 » 30 Mar 2016 22:56

Hey,

So, I've been trying to LD for a while now, & I haven't had an actual LD in a few months...every time I DO LD, though, I can't seem to remember to increase my clarity or anything like that. :roll: I don't remember to do anything. What should I do now?

Scarlett12

Postby Scarlett12 » 06 Apr 2016 11:46

Hello friends, i am new here..
I want to get knowledge about dream analysis.
Just going to browse forum.

Return to “For Beginners”