Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
lucidé
Posts: 506
Joined: 04 Feb 2017 03:10

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby lucidé » 08 Mar 2017 05:22

Isaac wrote:i get what your saying, it's obvious to know weather or not it's real or not, when your awake, but i have had a bunch of dreams were i would be flying or doing something impossible, but i would only realize that i was dreaming after the fact. I know it's impossible but when your dreaming your incredibly stupid to not realize these things. But for some reason when you reality check you know instantly if it works im dreaming, if it don't im awake. I know this because just to days ago i had a dream where i was running super fast to the point where it looked like time was slowing down, and i was doing reality checks just 10 days ago, and yet i still didn't notice that i was dreaming even tho i was running at super human speeds. But yet when i did a reality check some how that let me know instantly as if i didn't have to think about it. So why is that, why don't you notice when your dreaming when these impossible things happen, but yet a simple reality check gives you the answer.


Sometimes it takes the mind a few tries to pick up on those things. Although practicing reality checks in real life, and perhaps imaging you are in a dream while counting how many dream signs there are on TV or in a video game might help you with this.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Isaac
Posts: 25
Joined: 02 Mar 2017 01:19

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Isaac » 08 Mar 2017 05:45

lucidé wrote:
Isaac wrote:i get what your saying, it's obvious to know weather or not it's real or not, when your awake, but i have had a bunch of dreams were i would be flying or doing something impossible, but i would only realize that i was dreaming after the fact. I know it's impossible but when your dreaming your incredibly stupid to not realize these things. But for some reason when you reality check you know instantly if it works im dreaming, if it don't im awake. I know this because just to days ago i had a dream where i was running super fast to the point where it looked like time was slowing down, and i was doing reality checks just 10 days ago, and yet i still didn't notice that i was dreaming even tho i was running at super human speeds. But yet when i did a reality check some how that let me know instantly as if i didn't have to think about it. So why is that, why don't you notice when your dreaming when these impossible things happen, but yet a simple reality check gives you the answer.


Sometimes it takes the mind a few tries to pick up on those things. Although practicing reality checks in real life, and perhaps imaging you are in a dream while counting how many dream signs there are on TV or in a video game might help you with this.
Wait so you mean that if i see something strange in a video game, or on tv, i could ask my self if im dreaming, or would that not make sense.

lucidé
Posts: 506
Joined: 04 Feb 2017 03:10

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby lucidé » 08 Mar 2017 06:31

Isaac wrote: Wait so you mean that if i see something strange in a video game, or on tv, i could ask my self if im dreaming, or would that not make sense.

Yes I mean it. When you play video games especially. In a video game, you control the player, correct? So it stands to reason, that if you perform a reality check in a game, and know it cannot be real, you say, "This isn't real this has to be a dream, so now I am controlling it!" Then you play the video game. Good video games to practice that with might be sandbox games such as the Sims.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Isaac
Posts: 25
Joined: 02 Mar 2017 01:19

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Isaac » 08 Mar 2017 23:03

lucidé wrote:
Isaac wrote: Wait so you mean that if i see something strange in a video game, or on tv, i could ask my self if im dreaming, or would that not make sense.

Yes I mean it. When you play video games especially. In a video game, you control the player, correct? So it stands to reason, that if you perform a reality check in a game, and know it cannot be real, you say, "This isn't real this has to be a dream, so now I am controlling it!" Then you play the video game. Good video games to practice that with might be sandbox games such as the Sims.
Could this be the new game breaking strategy to lucid dreaming, just BRILLIANT

Isaac
Posts: 25
Joined: 02 Mar 2017 01:19

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Isaac » 11 Mar 2017 00:02

Isaac wrote:
lucidé wrote:
Isaac wrote: Wait so you mean that if i see something strange in a video game, or on tv, i could ask my self if im dreaming, or would that not make sense.

Yes I mean it. When you play video games especially. In a video game, you control the player, correct? So it stands to reason, that if you perform a reality check in a game, and know it cannot be real, you say, "This isn't real this has to be a dream, so now I am controlling it!" Then you play the video game. Good video games to practice that with might be sandbox games such as the Sims.
Could this be the new game breaking strategy to lucid dreaming, just BRILLIANT
How long does it take for reality checks to work, ive been doing em for 15 days and ive only done them in my dream one time. Why do i always do them while im awake but never while im dreaming.

lucidé
Posts: 506
Joined: 04 Feb 2017 03:10

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby lucidé » 11 Mar 2017 02:26

Isaac wrote:
Isaac wrote:
lucidé wrote:Yes I mean it. When you play video games especially. In a video game, you control the player, correct? So it stands to reason, that if you perform a reality check in a game, and know it cannot be real, you say, "This isn't real this has to be a dream, so now I am controlling it!" Then you play the video game. Good video games to practice that with might be sandbox games such as the Sims.
Could this be the new game breaking strategy to lucid dreaming, just BRILLIANT
How long does it take for reality checks to work, ive been doing em for 15 days and ive only done them in my dream one time. Why do i always do them while im awake but never while im dreaming.


Homer caught on only once in one of his dreams, and then he woke up from his lucid dream prematurely as well. It took I believe 10 or more seasons of it for us to find out he was finally capable of lucid dreaming in How I wet your mother, and he seemed to have taught Marge about reality checks and lucid dreaming by the end of the episode as well (it had quite a funny ending). I don't think it would take a user 10 seasons to learn it, but it was obvious it took Homer some time to learn how to do so.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

User avatar
Summerlander
Posts: 4116
Joined: 22 Sep 2011 19:52

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Summerlander » 11 Mar 2017 03:14

There is a great method called 'hyper-concentration' (coined by Michael Raduga) where you gaze at your index finger for 20 seconds. If it becomes distorted, voila ... you are dreaming. You need to remember to do it though. 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Isaac
Posts: 25
Joined: 02 Mar 2017 01:19

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Isaac » 11 Mar 2017 03:46

Summerlander wrote:There is a great method called 'hyper-concentration' (coined by Michael Raduga) where you gaze at your index finger for 20 seconds. If it becomes distorted, voila ... you are dreaming. You need to remember to do it though. 8-)
Yah i don't have a problem of which reality check it's just for some reason your habits in your waking life don't carry on in your dreams very easily. I do like at least 4 to 5 an hour, for the past 15 days, and ive only done it once in my dreams, and right when i did it everything went black. Lucid dreaming is a pain in the ass.

Isaac
Posts: 25
Joined: 02 Mar 2017 01:19

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Isaac » 12 Mar 2017 08:47

lucidé wrote:
Isaac wrote:
Isaac wrote: Could this be the new game breaking strategy to lucid dreaming, just BRILLIANT
How long does it take for reality checks to work, ive been doing em for 15 days and ive only done them in my dream one time. Why do i always do them while im awake but never while im dreaming.


Homer caught on only once in one of his dreams, and then he woke up from his lucid dream prematurely as well. It took I believe 10 or more seasons of it for us to find out he was finally capable of lucid dreaming in How I wet your mother, and he seemed to have taught Marge about reality checks and lucid dreaming by the end of the episode as well (it had quite a funny ending). I don't think it would take a user 10 seasons to learn it, but it was obvious it took Homer some time to learn how to do so.
I think i just realized why my reality checks aren't working. So i got two questions. When you do your dream journal and you learn all of your dream signs do still need to continue righting down your dreams. And should i right down my dreams every time i wake up at night so i can recall more, or can i just wait till the morning, cuz i feel like that's why the RC's aren't working cuz i don't really remember that much of my dreams because i only right them down when i wake up in the morning. So is i important, to right down as MUCH detail as possible and everytime you wake up. thxx

lucidé
Posts: 506
Joined: 04 Feb 2017 03:10

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby lucidé » 12 Mar 2017 17:40

Isaac wrote:
lucidé wrote:
Isaac wrote: How long does it take for reality checks to work, ive been doing em for 15 days and ive only done them in my dream one time. Why do i always do them while im awake but never while im dreaming.


Homer caught on only once in one of his dreams, and then he woke up from his lucid dream prematurely as well. It took I believe 10 or more seasons of it for us to find out he was finally capable of lucid dreaming in How I wet your mother, and he seemed to have taught Marge about reality checks and lucid dreaming by the end of the episode as well (it had quite a funny ending). I don't think it would take a user 10 seasons to learn it, but it was obvious it took Homer some time to learn how to do so.
I think i just realized why my reality checks aren't working. So i got two questions. When you do your dream journal and you learn all of your dream signs do still need to continue righting down your dreams. And should i right down my dreams every time i wake up at night so i can recall more, or can i just wait till the morning, cuz i feel like that's why the RC's aren't working cuz i don't really remember that much of my dreams because i only right them down when i wake up in the morning. So is i important, to right down as MUCH detail as possible and everytime you wake up. thxx


Yes you need to continue writing them down, and I would recommend writing them down as soon as possible. OR you could record them on a CD. There is an app on the IPhone where you can speak into the IPhone and record your dreams that way if you wanted to.
In this anime, ghost hound (I wouldn't watch this anime past episode 3), in an episode called lucid dream, the main character who keeps having nightmares and flying dreams, records his dreams by talking about it on a video tape. Eventually, towards the end of the episode, he finally concludes he must be in a dream, so he becomes aware once in the episode. It doesn't quite solve his nightmare problem, but at least from what we could see from his dream journal behavior, it is effective in helping a person to lucid dream.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_koJE_L4fU&t=1s
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g


Return to “For Beginners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest