Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Isaac

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Isaac » 13 Mar 2017 04:56

I DID IT i had my FIRST LUCID DREAM. So here is how it happened. I had a regular dream and then it just ended, and i started getting sleep paralysis. And when i got it i tried astral projecting unintentionally and i got my feet out when i realized i wasn't supposed to be doing that, so then i just put my legs back in and just continued on with the SP. And eventually i just closed my eyes and then i started trying to picture colors, and eventually i saw a sign, and for me that was just good enough of an image that i was able to use the sign to get into a dream. Then i remember being in my bed with the lights off, and i remembered i just went through SP so i did a reality check. So i was looking at my hands i got up and i realized i was dreaming. But the weird thing was, was i t was so hard to move, it was like i was still stuck in SP a little bit only it was still possible to move just really hard ( i was wondering how you could explain that ) and i could have tried flying, running super speeds, or anything, but instead the first thing i did was try to test all the reality checks to see if they worked. So i tried to put my finger through my palm Multiple times and it didn't go through, then i tried breathing through my nose and i could, and lastly i looked at my clock and it didn't change the second time i looked at it, rather the time kept popping in and out it was showing 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 over and over again, so i guess it worked. But i was sad to see that only one of them really worked fully. But the main things i accomplished, was making someone appear from behind my house, and testing the 3 reality checks. And the next thing i want to do is find a reality check that works 100% of the time no exceptions. i was just wondering what you take from that experience, and anything i could work on. And answer a couple of those questions.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 13 Mar 2017 05:40

Congrats on the lucid dream

One other thing, controlling your dream body while attempting to induce a WILD is also a good way to induce a WILD. If you feel like you can lift yourself away from your bed while in the trans stage without affecting your real body, then why not attempt to lift yourself away from your bed? The room you end up being in when you lift yourself up out of bed is a dream, and all it takes is for you to realize this, and transform it into anything you wish.

I do a higher level WILD technique where I intentionally transfer my awareness into my dream body, and then once I am aware I am inside of my dream body, I will lift myself away from my bed and either fly around the house, or sometimes I'll even fly around to different parts of my hometown.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Isaac

Postby Isaac » 13 Mar 2017 14:33

lucidé wrote:Congrats on the lucid dream

One other thing, controlling your dream body while attempting to induce a WILD is also a good way to induce a WILD. If you feel like you can lift yourself away from your bed while in the trans stage without affecting your real body, then why not attempt to lift yourself away from your bed? The room you end up being in when you lift yourself up out of bed is a dream, and all it takes is for you to realize this, and transform it into anything you wish.

I do a higher level WILD technique where I intentionally transfer my awareness into my dream body, and then once I am aware I am inside of my dream body, I will lift myself away from my bed and either fly around the house, or sometimes I'll even fly around to different parts of my hometown.
True but i got a couple questions now. So why was it so hard to walk and move (almost like the feeling of being in SP), and what are some things i should practice now that ive had my first LD after 17 days. And how big is the dream world and how detalied is it compared to real life, like can to much detail at one time overload your brain, like how to many things in a video game can cause a crash. And how do you make people disapear, i tried but didn't manage. Also can dreams look different sometimes, like for ex. Im pretty sure my house always changes every dream, its weird. And can u just give me some tiips as a beginner lucid dreamer. thx

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 13 Mar 2017 18:27

Keep practicing what you are doing until you get better at it. I kept doing the same forced WILD technique for several months when I was a beginner, it helps to do the same technique you are familiar with over and over until you learn how to lucid dream well

Killing characters is an easy, but I would recommend slightly more practice with dream control. The easiest way to make characters disappear, at least when I started using that control, was to kill them (I did things based off of video game controls, BTW). Imagine you are in a game such as the Sims or Grand Theft Auto, and just kill them.

Yes dreams can look different. With a bit more practice, you can intentionally change the environment to anything you want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urMLBggpjE8 For example at the end of this cartoon, how the nerd changed his lucid dream to a beach full of nude girls.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Isaac

Postby Isaac » 14 Mar 2017 04:26

lucidé wrote:Keep practicing what you are doing until you get better at it. I kept doing the same forced WILD technique for several months when I was a beginner, it helps to do the same technique you are familiar with over and over until you learn how to lucid dream well

Killing characters is an easy, but I would recommend slightly more practice with dream control. The easiest way to make characters disappear, at least when I started using that control, was to kill them (I did things based off of video game controls, BTW). Imagine you are in a game such as the Sims or Grand Theft Auto, and just kill them.

Yes dreams can look different. With a bit more practice, you can intentionally change the environment to anything you want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urMLBggpjE8 For example at the end of this cartoon, how the nerd changed his lucid dream to a beach full of nude girls.
Alright i just wanna let you know that i really got lucky with that lucid dream unfortunetly it didn't take any real skill to do. I just happened to get SP (which happens about 2 times a month id say) , i didn't use any strategy like WILD to get into SP, and these f*cking reality checks aren't working even after about 18 days of doing them so many times and hour, and always doing with the thought i could be dreaming, and yet like last dream i saw my dad (who past away 2 years ago) and my cat who had a goat horn on his head, and i just went along with it wtff, its so frustrating i DONT GET WHY there not WORKING!! And the thing is, is im not even completetly new to this i never really was, cuz i had at least 5 when i was really young -5 yrs old. And i haven't even got close to WILDing, the closest i ever got was the first 4 days of practicing LD's, then i just couldn't get that close. I guess im just gonna have to count on those damn SP's to LD, over the WILD,and DILD.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 14 Mar 2017 19:21

Isaac wrote:Alright i just wanna let you know that i really got lucky with that lucid dream unfortunetly it didn't take any real skill to do. I just happened to get SP (which happens about 2 times a month id say) , i didn't use any strategy like WILD to get into SP, and these f*cking reality checks aren't working even after about 18 days of doing them so many times and hour, and always doing with the thought i could be dreaming, and yet like last dream i saw my dad (who past away 2 years ago) and my cat who had a goat horn on his head, and i just went along with it wtff, its so frustrating i DONT GET WHY there not WORKING!! And the thing is, is im not even completetly new to this i never really was, cuz i had at least 5 when i was really young -5 yrs old. And i haven't even got close to WILDing, the closest i ever got was the first 4 days of practicing LD's, then i just couldn't get that close. I guess im just gonna have to count on those damn SP's to LD, over the WILD,and DILD.

Actually, when you fall into SP, you do use parts of the WILD technique to pull off a lucid dream. You don't have to use techniques to fall into SP to use the WILD technique. If you are already in SP, then all that's left is consciously phasing into a lucid dream.
Keep trying the reality checks. How about you try playing this video game right here: http://trevorvanmeter.com/flyguy/ You have to pay $1 to play it, but in this video game, while you are flying around, attempt to count how any dream signs there are while flying around as this man. Play it as many times as you wish while counting.
As long as you are using SP to directly enter a lucid dream, you are using the WILD technique. WILD you usually find ways to keep your mind awake while you either phase directly into a dream, or end up in SP. As long as you end up into SP, you can use the WILD technique straight away.

Isaac

Postby Isaac » 14 Mar 2017 21:00

lucidé wrote:
Isaac wrote:Alright i just wanna let you know that i really got lucky with that lucid dream unfortunetly it didn't take any real skill to do. I just happened to get SP (which happens about 2 times a month id say) , i didn't use any strategy like WILD to get into SP, and these f*cking reality checks aren't working even after about 18 days of doing them so many times and hour, and always doing with the thought i could be dreaming, and yet like last dream i saw my dad (who past away 2 years ago) and my cat who had a goat horn on his head, and i just went along with it wtff, its so frustrating i DONT GET WHY there not WORKING!! And the thing is, is im not even completetly new to this i never really was, cuz i had at least 5 when i was really young -5 yrs old. And i haven't even got close to WILDing, the closest i ever got was the first 4 days of practicing LD's, then i just couldn't get that close. I guess im just gonna have to count on those damn SP's to LD, over the WILD,and DILD.

Actually, when you fall into SP, you do use parts of the WILD technique to pull off a lucid dream. You don't have to use techniques to fall into SP to use the WILD technique. If you are already in SP, then all that's left is consciously phasing into a lucid dream.
Keep trying the reality checks. How about you try playing this video game right here: http://trevorvanmeter.com/flyguy/ You have to pay $1 to play it, but in this video game, while you are flying around, attempt to count how any dream signs there are while flying around as this man. Play it as many times as you wish while counting.
As long as you are using SP to directly enter a lucid dream, you are using the WILD technique. WILD you usually find ways to keep your mind awake while you either phase directly into a dream, or end up in SP. As long as you end up into SP, you can use the WILD technique straight away.

to bad i don't got a credit card, im only 16. But about the Sleep Paralysis i got it randomly and i realized "Oh i have SP now i can LD", but the actuall HARD part for me is getting to the SP lol. When i did WILD i could only get to the part where my body starts Buzzing (and i only managed to get that on have my body) and the head rush, were it's like your flying through space. And yah the hard part for me is getting to the SP. But actually im just curious, sense i can get into a LD via SP, and i can get to the part were my half my body starts buzzing, and my heart races, and my head rushes and all that, what am i missing in between the buzzing and the SP.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 15 Mar 2017 00:27

I didn't know that, my bad.

Probably what you should do with the buzzing is attempt to focus your mind off of the buzzing when it happens. Why not imagine you are somewhere else as hard as you can while the buzzing is happening to keep your mind off of it. Either you'll find yourself in SP a short time later if you do this, or you might just find yourself dreaming about being in that place you were imagining about.

Isaac

Postby Isaac » 15 Mar 2017 11:24

lucidé wrote:I didn't know that, my bad.

Probably what you should do with the buzzing is attempt to focus your mind off of the buzzing when it happens. Why not imagine you are somewhere else as hard as you can while the buzzing is happening to keep your mind off of it. Either you'll find yourself in SP a short time later if you do this, or you might just find yourself dreaming about being in that place you were imagining about.
Okay so i just had a very weird experience with SP a few hours ago. So i had SP, and for some reason it took me a while to attempt LDing, so i was just stuck in Sleep paralysis for a few minutes, so one thing i did was i tried opening my eyes, and i actually think I did for real. (just wanted to know if that was possible to actually do), cuz most times when i open my eyes in SP i can usually tell it's not my actual room i'm looking at cuz certain things look different. And after a while of being uncomfortable i started trying to LD. So i tried transitioning into a dream, and it didn't work i saw a figure, tried holding hands with it and then everything went black and i was back in SP. And so i remember trying for a long time (it felt like 5 minutes of just being stuck in SP, trying to get into a dream, and i almost got into a dream a couple times, but then it just went black and i went back to SP) to get into a LD. And eventually i tried for the last time and everything just went White, but i could faintly see some figures like shadows in the back round, and then all these loud ear piercing noises just started happening, it was like 50 people were talking like right up to my ear while all i could see was white, and i thought at the time what was happening was i was just transitioning into a dream, but i don't remember if i woke up after that or if i just started dreaming but i know it was a very uncomfortable experience that i definitely don't wanna go through again. I was just wondering if you could explain what was going on, why i was stuck in SP for so long, and how i got close to dreaming and then failing and being back in SP again. thx again

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 16 Mar 2017 04:20

Sometimes when you have an SP episode, it might not always end up being the most comfortable situation. SP can be part of the WILD technique as well. If you are already seeing figures and interacting, you are already in a dream. You just need to find the dream controls needed to move your dream body, and sometimes it can take more than one try to do this.

Return to “For Beginners”