Feeling a little down about my dream recall

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Oxynidus

Feeling a little down about my dream recall

Postby Oxynidus » 06 Jun 2013 08:31

It's been a few months since I took an interest in Lucid Dreaming. I've been trying to keep a dream journal, but I only seem to be able to remember one dream every 3 to 4 days. I don't understand why. I generally have a good waking memory.

I think it might be the quality of my sleep. I sleep about 8 hours a day, but there's a lot of sunlight that enters my room through my curtains in the morning starting about halfway through my sleep. Think that might be it?

DeltaV

Re: Feeling a little down about my dream recall

Postby DeltaV » 06 Jun 2013 15:12

Don't think that light is the problem. I have some sort of curtain-thingy that rolls down. It doesn't block the light from the sides, but the only effect that it might have on me is not being able to get to sleep easily. My dream recall is pretty good, with at least one dream each night, and usually some bits of others too.

You might instead want to put some points into awareness. I have found that sometimes I start taking interest in certain bits of my dream, bits that I recognize a little. These bits are VERY easy to remember, and it occasionally happened that I remembered a bit long after having woken up. The whole problem of 'move around and you will forget' doesn't seem to apply to them.

If you train yourself to be more aware, you will become more aware in dreams. If you become more aware in dreams, you will get better at recalling them.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

Oxynidus

Postby Oxynidus » 06 Jun 2013 16:06

DeltaV wrote:Don't think that light is the problem. I have some sort of curtain-thingy that rolls down. It doesn't block the light from the sides, but the only effect that it might have on me is not being able to get to sleep easily. My dream recall is pretty good, with at least one dream each night, and usually some bits of others too.

You might instead want to put some points into awareness. I have found that sometimes I start taking interest in certain bits of my dream, bits that I recognize a little. These bits are VERY easy to remember, and it occasionally happened that I remembered a bit long after having woken up. The whole problem of 'move around and you will forget' doesn't seem to apply to them.

If you train yourself to be more aware, you will become more aware in dreams. If you become more aware in dreams, you will get better at recalling them.
Do you mean like paying more attention to my senses and the things around me while I'm awake? Would that make me pay more attention to the details in the dreams too, and thus allowing me to remember them better?

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 06 Jun 2013 16:44

It should work, yes. Try to intergrate them into your reality checks.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

Return to “For Beginners”