I cant lucid dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Deelo

I cant lucid dream?

Postby Deelo » 12 Jun 2013 15:16

I've been trying to lucid dream for 1 week now. I've been using the MILD technique. On my 1st night,I actually had a lucid dream. I was in my bedroom and was like"Hey,Im dreaming!" and looked into a mirror and saw myself transform. However I woke up after 20 seconds. Ever since then,I havent had any lucid dream. I can recall my dreams pretty easily now. I wrote down all of the dreams I've had. Some of the dreams I've had were pretty obvious that I was dreaming. One of the dreams I had last night was me logging onto Engrade to check my grades in my classes(Engrade is a website that teachers make students go on to check their assignments and grades) and when I looked on it,apparently I had a 215 in my Algebra class(I actually have an 85 in my algebra class),and my Health class grade was a 90 when in reality its an 80. This was quite obvious that I was dreaming. When I woke up I was so mad that I didnt realize that I was dreaming. I've been doing RCs during the day and repeating my mantra as I fall asleep "I will realize that im dreaming",I've also tried to visualize my previous dreams as I go to bed but it hasn't worked. I really want to have a full vivid lucid dream and Im starting to grow slightly frustrated because when I was younger I used to get lucid dreams naturally. Any advice on why this hasn't worked for me yet? Maybe MILD just isn't my kind of technique? Tonight I will try the WBTB technique and possibly mix it with the WILD technique. I would like to hear what you guys think my problem is and how long will it take me to get a full lucid dream?

torakrubik

Re: I cant lucid dream?

Postby torakrubik » 12 Jun 2013 21:23

You don't have a problem. Some people don't get results for months - 1 week is an unrealistic time to expect full length lucid dreams. You could try different techniques, but simply continuing as you as for the time being is also a good plan of action. Once you get lucid more often, try stabilising your dreams before you get too excited.
Dreaming is my drug

Deelo

Postby Deelo » 13 Jun 2013 20:22

Im getting really frustrated. I had 5 dreams last night and couldn't go lucid in any of them. I can recall all of them quite easily. Some of them were pretty obvious that they wern't reality and I should've realized that they were dreams. Btw I tried WBTB and I had difficulty falling asleep after waking up and reading up about lucid dreaming.

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 13 Jun 2013 21:16

Lucidity comes with patience. And luck. And for some people after a VERY long time. I've had lucid dreams before, but I am now in a dry spell, 4-5 weeks something. It's frustrating.
But I am not going to give up. The reward is a world in which you can do everything imaginable, and that's totally worth the wait.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 13 Jun 2013 22:19

DeltaV wrote:The reward is a world in which you can do everything imaginable, and that's totally worth the wait.

Precisely! keep this in mind
Dreaming is my drug

Deelo

Postby Deelo » 16 Jun 2013 02:52

Alright guys,Im still trying but no luck so far....I'm not going to give up though. I've been doing RCs quite often. I feel more motivated tonight. I really,really hope I'll become lucid tonight.

Return to “For Beginners”