something wrong with me

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
luciddreamer49

something wrong with me

Postby luciddreamer49 » 12 Jun 2013 21:30

I'm. Gonna tell you a bit about myself before I say thereal problemhere. I am a 16 year old girl, been trying and reading about lucid dreaming for almost a year now.
My ONLY problem, I am a very heavy sleeper. So icannot reme,ber mostof my dreams. The last dream o remembered was a month ago. Before you judge, I have been keeping a dream journal since I strted readong abput this. I know the obvious solution for this is to set an alarm to wake me u p so i can remember my dreams. But like I said I am 16. I can't do that.my parent work and I can't wake them up. Is it possible forme to ever ld?:(

[ Post made via Android ] Image

luciddreamer49

Re: something wrong with me

Postby luciddreamer49 » 13 Jun 2013 04:44

Pleaaase help!

Sim B

Postby Sim B » 13 Jun 2013 07:10

In your case I think it would be best to work on inducing the intention of remembering your dreams. When you go to bed at night, tell yourself you will remember your dreams. Have a sort of physical reminder, an object (can be anything in your bedroom) that could make you remember to actually recall those dreams when you wake up.

When you do wake up, think about the dreams you had that night. Anything can lead to remembering a dream, sometimes you don't remember anything at all and then, suddenly, you see a lightbulb which looks just like the one in your last dream, and everything starts from there.

Even if you can't recall anything, the very fact that you are subconsciously telling your brain "I want to remember my dreams, don't be a prick about this and let me recall them!" is the point here. Don't stress out if you can't remember your dreams, just do it so that your brain knows it's important for you.
"Focus on the journey, not the destination" - Greg Anderson, 1964

luciddreamer49

Postby luciddreamer49 » 13 Jun 2013 14:28

Thank you SO much Sim B!!!

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 19 Jun 2013 07:01

I have an idea. I never read this in any book, but it just might help.

You said, you remember a dream from a month ago, and I am sure you remember many more. When you are feeling sleepy and ready for bed, daydream about the dreams you had in the past. It puts you in a different frame of mind.

I do this sometimes naturally and can't help it. About an hour before I go to sleep I just start getting flooded with the memories of countless dreams. I don't know why, but it's like I am starting to get into the dream state of mind. Or becoming reacquainted with my dream life or dream self would be another way to put it. So maybe it can work if you purposely recall many of your past dreams before you go to sleep. Read your dream journal if you have to or just let the images and memories flow on their own.

This won't make you lucid, but it should help you remember your dreams better. That is in my opinion, and I am no expert, and I never read this anywhere.... but maybe it could work. That's what I do often.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “For Beginners”