A few questions about lucid dreaming

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
jbisabass

A few questions about lucid dreaming

Postby jbisabass » 13 Jun 2013 01:27

Hello, I just noticed this and I was interested in maybe trying it out. However, I have several questions first before I start.
1. I am a Christian, and this does seem a little like sorcery (I promise that I am not trying to troll or offend anyone), and I am afraid that one of the characters in my dreams might be The Devil in disguise. Does it ever happen that the Devil appears in your dreams in a disguise or normally? Also, how do you fend off Demons in a dream?
2. I also saw on a Bible question site not to confuse these with obe's. Is Lucid Dreaming having an out of body experience entirely? Are obe's only initiated upon choice, or can they start accidentally/unintended in lucid dreams? I am asking because obe's are sinful abominations, and I want to be very careful about it.
3. Are inductions able to be removed, or do they stick with me forever?
4. Do you need to be really experienced to morph yourself into something or to shrink/grow?
5. Are you start waking up in a real place different from where you are asleep at (such as from North America to Britain)?
6. Are you able to travel back in time to a certain place? Also, do you need a good experience with lucid dreams?
7. Are you able to bring fictional things/characters (from television shows) into your world?
8. These types of dreams sound easily interrupted, so is there a way that you can pause a dream and pick up where you left off?
9. Is practicing dream yoga necessary for beginners?
10. Are beginners able to easily replace landscapes?
11. How often can real objects be used?
12. How realistic does it feel (especially when you try to simulate the real world)?
13. How long do these last on average at first, compared to later experience?
14. How easy is it to summon objects and what could influence that difficulty?

OK, the next one is a scenario question, so please try reading the whole thing and then answer.

So, one of the things I have always wanted to do was wear the Po costume from the Teletubbies, participate in an episode with the other 3 wearing the costume, and then just go crazy with it (well, all of us have dreams we want to come true, no matter how childish or silly they seem: those are the fun ones :D ). I wanted to know, first of all, if I would be able to move the entire set, have to recreate it virtually, or be forced into traveling there (hopefully you are able to visit real locations). I then travel back in time to when the Teletubbies were filmed, the actor/actress says I can take over the role for a little bit (I want to know if I can just jump to this specific part as well). She shows me where the costume is (would I have to recreate it as well), I ensure it is cleaned, I put the suit on and head outside, where I meet up with the other actors, and the director would tell me to just interact like the character would. Now imagining that I was going to be in there for a long time, would I be able to summon a diaper to the set or more favorably already on me?
I know it might seem like quite a hefty list, but it would hopefully provide details. Thank you in advance!

DeltaV

Re: A few questions about lucid dreaming

Postby DeltaV » 13 Jun 2013 06:36

jbisabass wrote:Hello, I just noticed this and I was interested in maybe trying it out. However, I have several questions first before I start.
1. I am a Christian, and this does seem a little like sorcery (I promise that I am not trying to troll or offend anyone), and I am afraid that one of the characters in my dreams might be The Devil in disguise. Does it ever happen that the Devil appears in your dreams in a disguise or normally? Also, how do you fend off Demons in a dream?
Every dream character is simply a creation of your mind. Your mind's representation of the devil may pop up in your dreams, in whatever shape of form seems logical or unlogical. It does not mean that said representation has evil intents.
As for fending demons off, anything goes! You can ignore their existence completely, making them vanish, but weapons work too. Everything works.

2. I also saw on a Bible question site not to confuse these with obe's. Is Lucid Dreaming having an out of body experience entirely? Are obe's only initiated upon choice, or can they start accidentally/unintended in lucid dreams? I am asking because obe's are sinful abominations, and I want to be very careful about it.
I don't know exactly how it works. I believe that certain techniques have a chance of producing an obe, but I am not interested in obe's.
3. Are inductions able to be removed, or do they stick with me forever?
I don't understand this one question.
4. Do you need to be really experienced to morph yourself into something or to shrink/grow?
While I myself haven't been able to do much dream control yet, I believe that it's actually really easy to do anything. As long as you know how it feels like, and looks like, it should be possible. Heck, even if you don't it works.
5. Are you start waking up in a real place different from where you are asleep at (such as from North America to Britain)?
Your real body goes nowhere at all during your sleep, except if you are prone to sleepwalking.
6. Are you able to travel back in time to a certain place? Also, do you need a good experience with lucid dreams?
Yes. But everything that you'll see will simply be a creation of the mind of what you expect to see.
7. Are you able to bring fictional things/characters (from television shows) into your world?
If this were possible everyone would be doing it and the world would collapse in a very stupid mess. Luckily, it isn't possible.
8. These types of dreams sound easily interrupted, so is there a way that you can pause a dream and pick up where you left off?
If you get a lucid dream again, you can do this with every dream, as long as you know where it stopped. You could also use the DEILD technique, with which you can chain lucid dreams for LUCID COMBOS!
9. Is practicing dream yoga necessary for beginners?
Nah, but it does help.
10. Are beginners able to easily replace landscapes?
Probably not. It all depends on the person.
11. How often can real objects be used?
Real objects do nothing, since your sleeping body can't interact with them.
12. How realistic does it feel (especially when you try to simulate the real world)?
From the little experience I've had, I'd say frighteningly real. It's really weird to feel yourself smile in a bedroom you know is a fake created by your mind.
13. How long do these last on average at first, compared to later experience?
Usually very short.
14. How easy is it to summon objects and what could influence that difficulty?
Depends on the method. The Its-right-around-the-corner-method (which relies on it not being in your line of sight) is easy, but materialising it out of different objects is the fun way of doing things.

OK, the next one is a scenario question, so please try reading the whole thing and then answer.

So, one of the things I have always wanted to do was wear the Po costume from the Teletubbies, participate in an episode with the other 3 wearing the costume, and then just go crazy with it (well, all of us have dreams we want to come true, no matter how childish or silly they seem: those are the fun ones :D ). I wanted to know, first of all, if I would be able to move the entire set, have to recreate it virtually, or be forced into traveling there (hopefully you are able to visit real locations). I then travel back in time to when the Teletubbies were filmed, the actor/actress says I can take over the role for a little bit (I want to know if I can just jump to this specific part as well). She shows me where the costume is (would I have to recreate it as well), I ensure it is cleaned, I put the suit on and head outside, where I meet up with the other actors, and the director would tell me to just interact like the character would. Now imagining that I was going to be in there for a long time, would I be able to summon a diaper to the set or more favorably already on me?
I know it might seem like quite a hefty list, but it would hopefully provide details. Thank you in advance!
Well that was unexpected.
Everything is possible, lucid dreams only have borders beyond the dreaming itself. And your imagination. That said, you'll have to be able to stabilize your dreams properly first, so you can have a lucid dream long enough to be able to do all of this.

You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

jbisabass

Postby jbisabass » 13 Jun 2013 13:07

So with that question you didn't understand, I was asking if your dream could take place in a different location than you were sleeping in.
Here's a different question: Could I perform things at a certain rate (such as slowing down to use bullet time, like in the matrix)?
Your answers were useful! Thanks so much for your help! 8-)

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 13 Jun 2013 14:07

jbisabass wrote:So with that question you didn't understand, I was asking if your dream could take place in a different location than you were sleeping in.
Here's a different question: Could I perform things at a certain rate (such as slowing down to use bullet time, like in the matrix)?
Your answers were useful! Thanks so much for your help! 8-)

Dreams can take place in every location possible, and also every location impossible. As for time control, yes, possible. Think of anything that doesn't involve interaction with the real world, it's probably possible. There apparently have been people who have experienced being multiple characters simultaneously, or have had 360 degree vision.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

Return to “For Beginners”