I'm new to Lucid Dreaming. I've been reading about it for the last couple months and made myself a promise to have a lucid dream as soon as possible. I've been trying even since using WBTB technique + timers as I got impression this combination is the easiest for beginners. I tried the method about 15 times and I had 1 false awakening and got to the noise/sound phenomenon stage 2, but not further - not much, right? Here are the steps I did/tried:
0. Go to sleep at around 2am (that's normal for me, I've been sleeping from around 1-2am to 10-11am for years - nothing unusual in my case)
1. Sleep for 5/6/7 hours
2. Wake up, get out of the bed for, stay awake for 20-60 minutes (tried 20, 30, 45, 60 intervals)
3. Go back to bed, put the timer
4. When the timer beeps, don't move, don't open my eyes (works pretty well for me)
5. After a few iterations the body is going into sleep paralysis and I feel some "checkups" from my body - roll over urges, swallowing reflex, itching, I can fight them about 70% of the time, the other times I do something and I simply start all over again - that's fine
Now at this point, I almost never get to sleep paralysis (been there 1-2 times, and I'm not sure if it was really full), I simply fell asleep, timer runs out and it's all over - pretty disappointing.
I need your help, Lucid masters out there - am I missing something? Can it be related to sleeping cycles? Me, going to sleep to late? What things can I tried to increase my chances?
I appreciate your help very very much!
P.S. I have some theoretical knowledge about reality checks and exit methods, but didn't really had a chance to try them.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest