Hello Everyone! I would like to share.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
ReFresh

Hello Everyone! I would like to share.

Postby ReFresh » 05 Jul 2013 18:41

Hello to everyone here! I hope we all might become good friends, and have to chance to learn in grow from eachother!
My name is ReFresh just Fresh for short. About a few months back I told some time to study a little bit about lucid dreaming, and soon after stopped to focus more on developing a success mind state. Just recently on my journey towards success I've been learning more and more about consciousness, and for me at least it seems to play a major factor in many things around us. From my current understanding there are at least two states of consciousness I am aware of the conscious mind and the sub-conscious mind. In my current unstanding the sub-conscious is what control our habits. From what I understand three of those habits would be making our hearts beat, controling our breathing, and another one being smoking. A subject I have focused on was trying to understand consciousness, and gain more a more conscious control over my sub-conscious mind. This has lead me to practicing meditation which also includes me listening to binaural beats. I've believe it has been about two weeks now and I have had a increase of vivid dreams which have happened nearly everytime I've went to sleep. I personally was beginning to believe that they were lucid dreams, but after the experince I had but an hour ago, I now believe they were not lucid dream although I was aware of the fact I was in the dreaming state. I did not have full control over myself, but I did have the believe that I had the ability to make choices.
I will paste a link to the doc I type of my adventure, because I have already type way to much and I don't wish to overcrowd the forum with to make text...it just wouldn't look right:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r9-cMyLHwpWCGCYEdkH5U-c-tlo-8TNTvQn-Tsd9tso
/edit?usp=sharing

To everyone who is reading my post for this long I would like to thank you, as I think a lot and tend to rumble in a sense. All in all I can not what for the can to learn and hear from you.
May you always have to ability to ask the question! =D

Goldkoron

Re: Hello Everyone! I would like to share.

Postby Goldkoron » 05 Jul 2013 18:54

If you are aware you are dreaming, you are indeed lucid dreaming. It takes practice to control them, I group lucid dreams into 2 types, one where you realize you're dreaming while in the middle of a dream, those ones are hard to control. And then there are sandbox lucid dreams where you can fully control everything.
Do a reality check

ReFresh

Postby ReFresh » 05 Jul 2013 19:05

Goldkoron, I would like to thank you. The idea of there being at least two different types of lucid dreaming does help make a bit more sense of things. Also you said that being lucid in the middle of a dream makes it harder to control. Which helps me understand why I only have the sense of controlling my thoughts and choices in the normal dreams I have been experincing. Although a question would be what is a defined definition of a sand box lucid dreaming?

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 05 Jul 2013 19:17

I have only had one sandbox dream. But I characterize a sandbox dream as one that does not have any plot or storyline, so basically you have free roam instead of following a sequence of events that is happening.
Do a reality check

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 06 Jul 2013 19:31

Hello, Fresh!

In many lucid dreams, I know it is a dream, but still follow with the dream and act and react with it. I don't always remember exactly who I am and what age I am. Then there are some FULLY lucid dreams like Goldkoron said.

Goldkoron wrote:But I characterize a sandbox dream as one that does not have any plot or storyline, so basically you have free roam instead of following a sequence of events that is happening.

That's a great way of putting it. Whatever word or label you want to call it. For those who don't know, but this is how I understood it, some video games have 'sandbox mode' where you don't have to play a scenario or specific level, but have unlimited resources and can just play around on your own.

One time I was in a dream and realized I was dreaming. I was in a city and needed to get back to my hotel room. I continued walking and trying to figure out how I would get back. I still felt like I had a dream-problem to solve. Then it hit me! THERE IS NO HOTEL ROOM TO GET BACK TOO. That was just part of my dream and although it seemed very important at the time, I snapped out of it.

Then you are free to roam and explore and experiment WITHOUT any dream problems to confuse you.

I still get wrapped up in the dream though sometimes and try to solve them while lucid, but they usually have no solution in the end. (I NEVER would have found my way back to the hotel room, I just know it!)
Last edited by HAGART on 06 Jul 2013 22:11, edited 3 times in total.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 06 Jul 2013 19:43

Don't worry about typing too much. I ramble too!
I was thinking about how some people will reply and say, that they do solve problems in their dreams lucidly and if it works, great. But for me, it never does. A new problem always arises. Case in point:

I had this other dream, where I had to cook something at culinary school (I attended culinary school back in 2004). My dish was not working out and kept changing and I didn't know why. Then I realized I was dreaming. However, I thought maybe I can use my lucid powers to create the ultimate dish and succeed in the dream. I was able to will ingredients to come to me from the fridge and pantry without needing to search for it, and I combined them and chopped it quickly without needing to use my hands. (I was making something with salmon, thinking that it represents my Canadian ethnicity. I assumed that was the assigment). But then I got confused. What is the assignment? How do I know if I succeed? I asked the teacher. He said, you are suppose make Indian food. What? I asked again. He said, you should make Portuguese food!

So I said, FORGET IT. This dream has no solution and they rarely do. A new problem will always arise it seems, and there is never a solution for me it seems. I went into 'sandbox' mode and just had fun. I remember summoning a chocolate bar and took a bite and passed it around to others in the dream. I forget what I did next and probably woke up soon after.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “For Beginners”