Hypnagogic Hallucinations

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
SnorlaxDreamer

Hypnagogic Hallucinations

Postby SnorlaxDreamer » 19 Jul 2013 12:09

I have a question, some more advanced people could answer. I read an article on Rebekka's many methods of becoming lucid. I eventually found a rather calming method (the phrasing in your head "100. I will become lucid. 99. I will become lucid. 98. I will become lucid... and so forth). Due to me being a latenighter, my brain was rather sleep deprivated, and I was more than ready to go to sleep. I put myself to bed on my back - and my arms onto my stomach - as I started to count.

As I reached the numbers around 75, I felt a wierd sensation stream over me. I felt like I was in a state between far far away, and still in my bedroom. I've never felt such a feeling before going to sleep. Suddenly, my eyes started to flick rapidly. They started to kind-of shake violently. Some of my muscle groups of my whole body started to jolt as well. I felt as if my bed was shaking, and I heard some odd sounds in the meanwhile. Due to my extremely racing hardbeat, and the adrenaline rushing through my body, I eventually moved my feet and woke myself up. The hypnagogic hallucinations faded in almost an instant. From there, I was unable to do such trick again. I did also see formations of colors on my eyelids, and tried to create a dreamscape.

Now I want to know; How far were I to becoming lucid, and what should I do if something like that happens again. Will I just simply pop into a dream if it keeps on going, or should I really try to imagine my dream? And if I am unable to, then what?
"If I only could see you in my dreams, I would sleep all the time!" <3

Blgr64

Re: Hypnagogic Hallucinations

Postby Blgr64 » 20 Jul 2013 21:59

Wow that really is interesting!

Hope someone with some LD experience replies :)

SnorlaxDreamer

Re: Hypnagogic Hallucinations

Postby SnorlaxDreamer » 21 Jul 2013 04:17

I've read that it might be a spontaneous OBE, and if I can control and pulsate the vibrations; there are no turning back. It will eventually lead to OBE. But it might be something else. I want some answers from someone having had the same experience as me, or someone who knows what that was! :-D
"If I only could see you in my dreams, I would sleep all the time!" <3

Return to “For Beginners”