Unrealistic dream signs!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Ivanna

Unrealistic dream signs!

Postby Ivanna » 28 Jul 2013 20:34

I'm once again trying to make a concerted effort to learn how to lucid dream. I started off dream journalling (which I am keeping up with), and have lately started to try and look through my backlog of dreams and find some dream signs. My only problem is that I've noticed all my dream signs are very unrealistic and not at all applicable to daily life. For example my most common dream sign is celebrities (not just seeing them on the tv, but hanging out and actually being around them). It sounds pretty cool, and most of the time it is, but it's not really very useful as I don't tend to hang out with any celebrities in real life! So basically I'm having a hard time trying to do reality checks.
What can I do? I have the same problem with the rest of my dream signs. Will this make it more difficult for me to become lucid? How can I do reality checks?
In dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own ~ Dumbledore

Jacob46719

Re: Unrealistic dream signs!

Postby Jacob46719 » 28 Jul 2013 23:19

No matter what your dream sign is, see it in a dream will increase your chances of becoming lucid.
Additionally, try to remember how you got where you are in the dream.

My recent dream sign was a somewhat unrealistic one, as it was a small stampede of large deer. Also, a dino.
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

Oneirophile

Postby Oneirophile » 28 Jul 2013 23:23

Do a reality check every time you spend more than five seconds reading about or watching a celebrity. That will teach your mind to associate celebrities with reality checks so that when you're with a celebrity in a dream you'll do a reality check and realise you're dreaming.

Ivanna

Postby Ivanna » 29 Jul 2013 22:30

Thank you! :)
In dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own ~ Dumbledore

Return to “For Beginners”