First Lucid Dream?! Please comment! *UPDATE 2ND LUCID DREAM!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Re: First Lucid Dream?! Please comment! *UPDATE 2ND LUCID DR

Postby Doublea » 13 Apr 2012 17:32

So do you think my lucid dreams were actually those?

Postby Summerlander » 13 Apr 2012 23:45

Not necessarily. I genuinely believe that you have had lucid dreams. Perhaps you were even partially lucid but a part of you entertained the idea of believing whatever was happening around you (for whatever reason). The mind is a wonderful thing and I believe it is infinite in its capabilities. One minute you can be lucid and at the same time you can choose to really believe that something is really happening and experience it from that point of you.

Let me tell you something...

I have reached an empty mind during meditation for a fraction of a second. What followed was a series of images (furniture mostly) that I should have recognised had I had all my mental faculties. I was looking at furniture like it was something alien. I didn't know what it was - and mind you this was not an OOBE because I had not moved from where I perceived myself to be. I had no language to describe what was in front of me. Suddenly, like a switch, I had, and I was able to mentally comment "ah...that's what it is".

And this is where it gets interesting...

I entered a meditative state once and saw a series of images... Once I recognised the images as representing objects, I was able to go from knowing and not knowing what they represented several times. It was like a switch that I was controlling. I could literally choose to know one moment and to not know the next. I haven't reached this state since but I do remember that the "quietness" or stillness of mind that I had initially acquired, even if it was for a mere fraction was absolutely worth it. It is hard to describe but it felt like no thoughts were weighing on me and I felt free and extremely happy. It definitely gave me a new perspective on what is meant by "enlightenment" and if that's what the monks and Buddhists in general pursue, then good for them because it is a good place to be.

This steps away from lucidity but it is an interesting perspective. You can either be fully lucid and know exactly what is going on around you - knowing full well that you are really lying in bed asleep and that what is manifest around you is nothing but a realistic reality-emulating dream... or... you can be partially lucid but entertain the idea that it is all really happening and go with the flow and experience the pleasure of "what if it is really happening". You catch my drift? You think you are really you with your name and living where you live and reacting the way you do to certain situations? That is not all you can be. Trust me. You can be so many things. There is an array of infinite things that you can be because your consciousness is of an intrinsic and holistic nature. In the end, you are the nothingness that is paradoxically aware and craving to be a finite thing.

Welcome to the world of lucid dreams...
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Postby Doublea » 16 Apr 2012 05:17

I'm excited now! Hopefully I'll start having some better, clearer lucid dreams. It'll be awesome!

Return to “For Beginners”