DEILD

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
btifuldreamer

Re: DEILD

Postby btifuldreamer » 15 Feb 2014 14:25

Summerlander wrote:The first moments upon awakening provide phantom sensations of a sleeping body and bed. There is a window of time that narrows and you want to be quick. What seems tangibly real then, isn't. But even if you are late and end up moving physically, it's not the end. You can still relax and try ro achieve the mind-awake body-asleep state.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

So when you wake up, what you feel as a bed underneath you is actually your brain creating the feeling of the bed before you can actually feel the real one? I need to work on my dream recall more before i attempt this technique i think.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 15 Feb 2014 19:33

Precisely. ;)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 21 Feb 2014 09:23

Good good thank you :D I can never tell when i'm about to wake up from a dream :( Guess i have to work on that! How????

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 21 Mar 2014 10:03

Just an update on how i'm going with this technique... I find it very hard to remember when i wake up at night let alone remembering as soon as my dream ends :? Is there a way to train yourself to realize your dream is about to fade or should i just use an alarm ??

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 22 Mar 2014 16:37

Summerlander wrote: If you happen to conjure fearsome events in lucid dreamland, like a fearful aggressor showing up, try not to run no matter how real the experience appears to be. Face the aggressor with honesty and try to apprehend the situation. By turning to the fearsome dream figure and asking it a question on the grounds of representation with a strong expectation of obtaining something worthwhile and valuable, you are already trying something new and the fear should immediately begin to subside.

Ive found that it isnt always immeditate.. for myself it depends on just how scary the DC actually is. Ive had times when thou Im forcing myself to face a scary DC, that my fear doesnt subside until the DC Im seeing has been purposely changed by me into something not scary to me or is actually gone.

but yeah..as you said these things best faced and NEVER run or that is asking for trouble as it will intensify the situation.
.... .

to those who have fears.. here is my last nights LD which gives example of how scary stuff should be dealt with, dont allow LDs scary stuff to bother you (some parts of this were like horror zombie movies but not once did I feel really scared as I was in control of outcome) http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14605

Anyway.. just tell yourselves its a dream and you should be able to control it some (maybe not perfectly but enough to get out of situations) and this should help keep fears down.

You only need to worry if you are actually experiencing something and start to think you arent going to be able to control the dream due to loosing control over your fears eg like when I got thinking the alien which had me was going to take me into hell and that idea freaked me out thou if I'd been more mentally prepared for this situation I would of let it drag me into hell. Note in my dream I just then changed that situation. There is no reason why you cant change scary stuff either. You control your dreams!! They are yours. Just take ownership over them and your emotions. Your dreams shouldnt hurt you, so no need to fear. The only thing to fear is the fear itself if you allow yourself to irrationally go into fear.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 22 Mar 2014 16:55

btifuldreamer. If you are wanting to LD or LD more, you need to change your signature as this will be programming you to not LD every time you see it (even if you arent paying it much attention, you own subconsciousness would be receiving that message/imprint). Its a negative affirmation which would of made a habit of imprinting "I do not lucid dream"". Its far better to be thinking along the lines that you will have one then thinking about that you havent which just reinforces that idea that you dont LD to your subconsciousness.

When dealing with the subconciousness, the messages you send out to it are very important. With LD you need it working with you, not against you.

The message you need to get throu to your subconsciousness is that you can (everyone can!) and will LD.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Kirito

Postby Kirito » 22 Mar 2014 21:16

DEILD has always been difficult for me and easy. After most LDs I DEILD, but afterhaving tons I still have only had a handful of DEILDs after non lucids. I have been thinking about trying it more now instead of just doing after lucids. Good luck!

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 23 Mar 2014 01:10

Go to page 3 of this thread and check out the "algorithm of action upon awakening" diagram. ;-)

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Kirito

Postby Kirito » 23 Mar 2014 02:00

Summerlander wrote:Go to page 3 of this thread and check out the "algorithm of action upon awakening" diagram. ;-)

Interesting! I have something similar that I do, but I never don't move. :P if i do not move I normally go back into the previous dream with equal awareness as I left.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 23 Mar 2014 02:09

Yeah! Sometimes I do that. I think it's important to stress to any aspiring lucid dreamer that moving is not the end of the world.

- Padmasambhava

Return to “For Beginners”