confused. PLEASE explain.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
amy

confused. PLEASE explain.

Postby amy » 15 Aug 2013 14:46

Okay, so I'm gonna try my hardest to explain this. Here is a scene from my dream last night.

I am in a group of probably 15 other people. Everybody is laughing and talking, then suddenly everyone turns sepia except me. I say "this is really strange. This must me a dream!" (This is when it gets confusing.) I do a reality check and become "lucid" (this is weird because /I/ don't feel lucid. Me as a dream character feels lucid.) So then I am rubbing my hands and do all the stabilize dream stuff but then I wake up. But I don't actually wake up, I wake up inside the dream and the dream continues as a normal dream.

This confuses me! I didn't feel lucid at all! I couldn't even control my actions or thoughts.can someone please explain?

~Amy~

[ Post made via Android ] Image

tea

Re: confused. PLEASE explain.

Postby tea » 15 Aug 2013 17:41

okay, first off: you were lucid.
what do you mean, you 'didnt feel lucid'?
again: to be lucid means to know that this is dream. nothing else. you don't even need control. in some dreams you may not have any control but still know that it's a dream. even in that case: you are lucid.
can you explain what you meant?

also, and this is something important, check out false awakenings: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/false-awakenings.html
that's what you described at the end ;)
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

amy

Postby amy » 15 Aug 2013 18:42

Wow!!! That was my first lucid dream?:o

What I mean was, well. I thought you cold at least control your thoughts in a lucid dream! Maybe I'm not remembering it right because my DR isn't that great. I had this dream after attempting WBTB.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 15 Aug 2013 22:49

In some lucid dreams I am not 'myself'. That is I don't have the same waking ego, self identity. I know it's a dream, but I forget who I am and I just sit back and watch as though it is 3rd person.

Although not the same as an intensely realistic, 1st person dream. They are still lucid.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

tea

Postby tea » 16 Aug 2013 00:02

amy wrote:Wow!!! That was my first lucid dream?:o

What I mean was, well. I thought you cold at least control your thoughts in a lucid dream!

what you can control mostly depends on your level of lucidity. usually, thoughts should not be a problem - although they sometimes are extremely illogical.

amy wrote:Maybe I'm not remembering it right because my DR isn't that great.

you should definitely improve it, since it's the very basis of lucid dreaming! do you keep a dream journal?

amy wrote:I had this dream after attempting WBTB.

yup, i too had my first intentional lucid dream with the WBTB technique. i think it's pretty neat, nice that it worked for you!
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

amy

Postby amy » 16 Aug 2013 02:04

Of course I keep a dream journal!! Its my favorite thing ever. Haha! I was getting so good at dream recall, but I lost it. So I thought that I'd work on my dream recall for about a week then start techniques. The only reason I did WBTB is because I read that it helps with dream recall. I NEVER expected to have a lucid dream!

tea

Postby tea » 16 Aug 2013 10:33

awesome! keep working on it!
i wonder what your next LD will be like! :D

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Aug 2013 13:23

amy wrote:Okay, so I'm gonna try my hardest to explain this. Here is a scene from my dream last night.

I am in a group of probably 15 other people. Everybody is laughing and talking, then suddenly everyone turns sepia except me. I say "this is really strange. This must me a dream!" (This is when it gets confusing.) I do a reality check and become "lucid" (this is weird because /I/ don't feel lucid. Me as a dream character feels lucid.)

Maybe you were dreaming you were lucid? eg so your dream self thinking you are dreaming rather then your waking self thinking you are dreaming.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 17 Aug 2013 00:41

This happened to me too! I won't tell the whole dream because most of it is irrelevant but here's what happened.
"I am at my house with two other unknown people and i am looking over my backyard. I think to myself, I shouldn't be wasting my time dreaming when i could be doing what i want (I didn't say this but i actually meant I shouldn't be non lucid dreaming when i could be lucid). I now realize i am dreaming but nothing gets any clearer and I don't feel the dream fading. My friend from school waves her hands and the trees turn darker because it is night time and she doesn't want to see them. I close my eyes and think 'rain' and then i see a flash of light through my eyelids and a short time later it is heavily raining and there is lightning.
Even though i realized i was dreaming it didn't seem like i was lucid or how everyone else explains it. Besides, the first thing i want to do when i become lucid isn't make it rain. The dream the carried on for a while and i did other stuff that was cool but I didn't actually control me, it was a non-lucid. Any ideas whats happening?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Aug 2013 09:00

btifuldreamer wrote:This happened to me too! I won't tell the whole dream because most of it is irrelevant but here's what happened.
"I am at my house with two other unknown people and i am looking over my backyard. I think to myself, I shouldn't be wasting my time dreaming when i could be doing what i want (I didn't say this but i actually meant I shouldn't be non lucid dreaming when i could be lucid). I now realize i am dreaming but nothing gets any clearer and I don't feel the dream fading. My friend from school waves her hands and the trees turn darker because it is night time and she doesn't want to see them. I close my eyes and think 'rain' and then i see a flash of light through my eyelids and a short time later it is heavily raining and there is lightning.
Even though i realized i was dreaming it didn't seem like i was lucid or how everyone else explains it. Besides, the first thing i want to do when i become lucid isn't make it rain. The dream the carried on for a while and i did other stuff that was cool but I didn't actually control me, it was a non-lucid. Any ideas whats happening?

We can have a non lucid dream about any subject at all including being lucid.

I do thou think its a good sign thou when you start getting this topic coming into your dreams as there is probably a much increased chance while having a dream of being lucid that you may really realise you are dreaming and become consciously aware with your waking mind too that you are dreaming.

Anyway, do see it as a progress that your subconciousness self has gotten the message strongly that you want to become aware. It may keep sending you this clue which could really help you to wake up in your dream till you really do.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”