I think I finally found a good way of becoming lucid

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Oxynidus

I think I finally found a good way of becoming lucid

Postby Oxynidus » 24 Sep 2013 08:47

It's been many months since I became interested in lucid dreaming, but I've continually failed. I stopped dream journaling, and I stopped doing reality checks, but I was still determined to find a way.

I've managed to become lucid a few months ago for a few minutes, and this week I've managed to become lucid twice using the same method.

I wake up in the morning, after 5 to 6 hours of sleep, which is the best time for dreaming, and I find something to do for 20 to 60 minutes, then I go to sleep listening to relaxing meditative audio.

What happened every time is this. During the dream, at some point, I realize that I'm hearing noises. These noises are coming from my headphones, of course, and once I realize that, I realize that I am actually still in bed, and I have to stabilize my dream before becoming lucid.

All you need is some relaxing audio on a loop to listen to while you're falling asleep, preferably one with a little variety, and maybe at increased volume so that it could spark your consciousness while you're dreaming. I don't know if the effect of brainwave entrainment is anything other than placebo, but it wouldn't hurt if the audio had some binaural beats or isochronic tones.

HAGART

Re: I think I finally found a good way of becoming lucid

Postby HAGART » 24 Sep 2013 23:37

You are also using the Wake Back to Bed method too.
Even if I don't become lucid, the dreams are far clearer and easier to remember.
And it's always best to do that after your first period of sleep before REM begins.

The music doesn't hurt, but don't forget about the power of WBTB. Whenever I don't do it, I only remember a small portion of dreams and am rarely lucid. WBTB makes me mentally alert, so when I dream again I am thinking a lot more rationally.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “For Beginners”