WILD can't stay awake

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

WILD can't stay awake

Postby henryc » 06 Oct 2013 10:49

hello everyone, I have attempted the wild technique a few times now without much luck, (I find it the easiest after trying many other techniques) but found that my mistake was trying it as soon as I went to bed. I did that twice and my body started to tingle and go numb both times and I swear I could of heard some noises, but that could be my brain playing tricks. The noises would stop and then I would just be lying there and nothing happened. So anyway, I now know the best time to attempt the wild technique is around 3:00 in the morning or in the middle of a REM cycle. I have tried this many times but my alarm clock goes off and I just shut it off and fall asleep again straight away, I've even tried hiding my alarm clock around my room but I still just get back into bed and fall asleep without even thinking of lucid dreaming. Any suggestions on what to do would be very helpful, thank you! :D

Re: WILD can't stay awake

Postby Peter » 06 Oct 2013 20:10

Get up, wake up, go back and try again. And if it all fails there is nothing wrong with a good sleep.

In time it will work so hang in there
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Re: WILD can't stay awake

Postby HAGART » 06 Oct 2013 20:39

Try splashing cold water on your face before going back to bed.
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Return to “For Beginners”