Zero Dream Recall with MILD???

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
b7o7r7

Zero Dream Recall with MILD???

Postby b7o7r7 » 24 Oct 2013 06:30

I had perfect dream recall for about three weeks, and in these weeks the more I wrote or recorded the more my Dream recall improved. Then I decided to MILD with the following sentence: "I will know that I'm dreaming when I'm Dreaming." Pretty basic. I slept then I woke up, and I remembered NOTHING from last night. I remembered some of it a half hour later but from that point my dream recall started to fade. For the next two days, when I tried MILD, I remembered Nada. I stopped MILD and the next day I remembered THREE of my dreams which I never do. I tried MILD again last night and sure enough, I remember nothing right now. Something about my Math Teacher and my friend, but other than that, nothing.
Help, people?

tea

Re: Zero Dream Recall with MILD???

Postby tea » 24 Oct 2013 08:31

hm.. weird. i've never heard of or experienced loss of dream recall because of MILD... maybe this happens because you focus on becoming lucid - not on remembering. but to be honest this explanation sounds too vague for me, i guess i can't really come up with anything helpful at the time.

have you tried other techniques? maybe SSILD is a good idea for you, check it out!
http://cosmiciron.blogspot.co.at/2013/01/senses-initiated-lucid-dream-ssild_16.html
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 24 Oct 2013 19:35

This surprises me. I use this method almost exclusively in combination with WILD and have never had this problem. I was initially skeptical about repeating these phrases and didn't believe it would work, but I have really been amazed at effective it for me. I would encourage you to keep trying, maybe you just have a mental block. I would try repeating "I will remember my dreams tonight" along with the other phrases.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

b7o7r7

Postby b7o7r7 » 25 Oct 2013 18:50

tea wrote:hm.. weird. i've never heard of or experienced loss of dream recall because of MILD... maybe this happens because you focus on becoming lucid - not on remembering. but to be honest this explanation sounds too vague for me, i guess i can't really come up with anything helpful at the time.

have you tried other techniques? maybe SSILD is a good idea for you, check it out!
http://cosmiciron.blogspot.co.at/2013/01/senses-initiated-lucid-dream-ssild_16.html
lucidinthe sky wrote:This surprises me. I use this method almost exclusively in combination with WILD and have never had this problem. I was initially skeptical about repeating these phrases and didn't believe it would work, but I have really been amazed at effective it for me. I would encourage you to keep trying, maybe you just have a mental block. I would try repeating "I will remember my dreams tonight" along with the other phrases.

Thanks a lot Tea, The method is starting to work for me. Although I think I woke up from excitement twice, I'm Optimistic it'll work. I'm guessing you're an advanced Lucid Dreamer, even at this stage has there been times when you can't remember your dreams? If so, what was the reason?
and lucidinthe sky, thanks for replying. I have been using MILD recently to remember my dreams as well, but whenever I use MILD for anything other than remembering my dreams I can't remember it. Perhaps, I forget to remember my dream in the morning? Because Normally, when I open my eyes I remember I should write my dream but when I MILD that way I just wake up, grab my water glass and suddenly remember to write my dreams. I stay still for nearly five to ten minutes, no Recall. Hopefully The SSILD will help me more. BTW, what do you mean by "Mental Block" and how can I fix it? Also can I use multiple phrases or can I only use one?

Return to “For Beginners”