Having Difficulties

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
BambathLasiel

Having Difficulties

Postby BambathLasiel » 28 Oct 2013 15:35

A.) I've once used the WILD technique and was mentally awake while my body was asleep (I've only been able to do this once). After this occurred, I tried visualizing a dream scene, and I felt like I was getting close to a dream. It felt like I was starting to open my eyes, and like there was something yellow that I was going to see if I fully opened my eyes. For my first time I was visualizing a normal beach, so I guessed it was sand that I would have seen... I thought I would have woken up to reality so I didn't continue. Has anyone had an experience like this? (If so, have you opened your eyes and "awoke" to a dream scene?) I've been trying to make this happen again, except I always fall asleep. :/

B.) Also, over about a month or longer, I have had a certain experience about 5 or 6 times (including last night). I would be dreaming, then realize I was dreaming, and I would get a glimpse of what was in my dream. After seeing my dream, it would be like my awareness was being pulled back and forth between the dream world and the real world. However, each time I would wake up and not remain within the dream. However, last night that happened, except I remember talking to my sister about what happened... But I talked to her about it in a dream.

Sooooo, does anyone have any advice on what to do to help me replicate Part A, or tips on what to do when I realize Part B is happening?

Highlander

Re: Having Difficulties

Postby Highlander » 28 Oct 2013 16:16

A.) When this happens, i never open my "real eyes", because my "dream eyes" open by themselves. With this, i mean, i close my eyes when sleeping, of course. When some visuals start to appear, i know that i'm with my eyes closed in waking reality, so i don't bother opening them because an environment will appear. If i have doubts if i'm in waking reality or a dream, i do a reality check.

B.) You were not focused enough to mantain the dream. You have to focus on something inside the dream. Once i was aware that the upperside of my body was entering the dream and the lower side was in waking reality. It was like i was going through a portal. What i di was focus on my upperside body and on some objects i was seeing in the dream. All of a sudden... (pop)... i was in.

BambathLasiel

Re: Having Difficulties

Postby BambathLasiel » 28 Oct 2013 18:29

My main difficulties with Part A is that I can't seem to stay mentally awake long enough to get to that point again. I remember what I was doing, it's just that now I seem to fall asleep before I can do much.

Thanks for help on Part B, it makes sense and hopefully I'll remember this when I next realize I'm dreaming

Return to “For Beginners”