Is it possible for me?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
butter

Is it possible for me?

Postby butter » 08 Nov 2013 11:07

hello everybody, i am new here.i've been trying lucid dreaming for a few weeks by trying the Wild and Wbtb techniques and FILD , but cannot.
Only once it so happened that i realized during a dream i woke up mentally by some sort of noise and fell asleep again... then i remembered the waking after a few seconds and realized that i was dreaming. Then i performed a few acrobatics- i was soo fast n smooth. But after a few seconds i thought of falling backwards only to wake myself up.Was it a lucid dream?

Now my real problem.
My parents always awake by my alarm clock and they're against it as they i harm their sleep as well as mine.So now they won't let me use the clock.
So I'm thinking of reality checks. Can i have a LD by focusing purely on reality checks and not by some waking techniques? I'm very interested and perform a dozen rcs everyday but forget about doing that in a dream.
thanks.

Kman43759

Re: Is it possible for me?

Postby Kman43759 » 08 Nov 2013 14:24

If you were aware that you were dreaming well than yes it was a lucid dream

Yes reality checks are great, thats the only technique i really use. Do at LEAST 1 reality check every 2 or 1 hours or every so often just ask yourself does all of this make sense? Why? and if u keep doing this then what happens is you start to do it in your dreams! hope this helped :D
Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Journey
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14621&p=39383#p39383
Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Forum ( IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM!!! I LOVE THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

butter

Postby butter » 08 Nov 2013 18:13

Thanks !
i do perform a lot of reality checks... but i always forget to do them in my dreams :(
So you're saying that if i keep sticking to it i'll be able to get an LD even if the techniques don't work for me?
Thanks again for replying!
I will do whatever i can to get my first lucid dream

tea

Postby tea » 08 Nov 2013 18:18

hi butter! (funny name! :D)

yes, what you described was a lucid dream. as Kman said; a lucid dream is nothing else than simply knowing you're in a dream.
unfortunately the borders are blurred, which means there is a thing called 'semi-lucid'. this basically describes a state where you're on the edge of realizing you're dreaming. in some cases you even say to yourself: "hey, this is a dream!" without really realizing it.
here's a topic by amy, where we talk about this problem: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13534

as for the techniques: yes, it's absolutely ok to only do reality checks. there is no need to constantly wake up after some hours - unless you want to.
in your case, i guess two main things are important:
- reality checks and conditioning your mind to thinking about lucid dreaming
(very important for RCs [reality checks]: really question whether or not you're dreaming right now. if you simply do your check without actually trying to challange reality, your RCs will most likely fail in your dreams)
- dream-journal! do you keep one? or better: how's your dream recall?
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

butter

Postby butter » 09 Nov 2013 09:51

thanks tea ... (yours is a funny name too :D )
I do understand what you are talkin about , and i try my best to question my self as u said.But i forget to do the RCs altogether in my dreams :(
Just as i'm feeling angry today coz today morning i dreamt of trying to copy some text and i faced difficulty in doing that but i forgot to perform the RC.
As for the dream recall , i think i got average- i can remember my last dreams.I have to go be ready for school as i wake up so its difficult for me to write always. But i do write my dreams sometimes.I have a question here- Is it necessary to have a dream journal? I mean i always spend atleast a few minutes recalling my dreams as much as I can, sitting on a chair or while lying in bed.

tea

Postby tea » 09 Nov 2013 21:02

:D

as i said in this post (http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13940&p=35140#p35140):
you'll remember doing RCs in dreams when you got used to doing them when awake. this process can be slow, but in the end: lucid dreaming takes time and patience.

you said that you were feeling angry because you forgot to do a RC while dreaming... don't be :)
seriously, it's very helpful to realize that although you "missed" a chance, nothing is lost. there are three important lessons here:
- maybe you didn't do a RC, but you still remembered your dream - which is good!
- in some hours you'll have the opportunity to lucid dream again, don't waste your time on being angry about the past!
- anger and frustration are absolutely ok, but when you feel that you were upset enough, shift your focus to the positive. don't waste too much time on thinking about what you did wrong, but rather on what you're gonna do right next time!

and as for a dream-journal: no, it's not necessary to keep one. journaling is helpful because it makes you think about the dream again, and by recalling it you train yourself to be better in remembering future dreams.
since you always spend some time recalling them, there is no need for a dream-journal. (in fact, many people don't like taking the time to write everything down, so they do the exact same thing as you do)
the positive part of a journal is, that you can re-live old forgotten dreams.... but whatever :)

rebecca (creator of this website) offers a great tool for beginners - if you want you can go check it out, it's free! here's the link: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/subscribe.html
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

butter

Postby butter » 10 Nov 2013 05:53

Thanks tea... i'll remember that :)
Today morning i dreamt i was hopping .... i was almost flying , whizzing through the air.Then i think i thought "maybe i'm dreaming... i never did this b4....." but the feeling didn't last and went away as suddenly as it came. Later that dream i performed an RC pushing 2 fingers into my palm but they didn't go...
Has things like this happened to you?
And if i want to share dreams like this for getting advice from you people should i post them? Where?

tea

Postby tea » 19 Nov 2013 16:38

butter wrote:Thanks tea... i'll remember that :)
Today morning i dreamt i was hopping .... i was almost flying , whizzing through the air.Then i think i thought "maybe i'm dreaming... i never did this b4....." but the feeling didn't last and went away as suddenly as it came. Later that dream i performed an RC pushing 2 fingers into my palm but they didn't go...
Has things like this happened to you?
And if i want to share dreams like this for getting advice from you people should i post them? Where?

sorry for my late reply, maybe it's irrelevant now... however:

well, sounds like you were on the edge to realizing you're dreaming! :D

and yes, RC sometimes (or often, it depends) fail to work. this is nothing unusual and nothing to worry about too much. one way to prevent this is for example always doing two or more different RCs. also, as mentioned before, it's very important to do them correctly. if you just push your fingers against your palm without expecting them to go through, chances are your RC will fail in dreams too.

i think the forum categories are pretty much self-explanatory:
general questions can be posted in "for beginners" or "general lucid discussion", if you wanna share lucid dreams you can post to "share your lucid dreams" etc
of course you can simply share a dream and ask questions there ;)

INFO @ PEOPLE
at the time, i'm not at home, resulting in me being less active on the forum. take care, have fun and cya!

Return to “For Beginners”