Have any of you ever experienced this?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
butter

Have any of you ever experienced this?

Postby butter » 15 Nov 2013 11:15

today morning i was dreaming - it was time like the end of my sleep- i suddenly realized out of the blue that i was dreaming ( i d k how)... i thought of rubbing my hands to stabilize my dream but then realized i was wide awake actually rubbing my hands on my bed. I did a RC and it proved real.
Now i'm starting to think maybe,it wasn't a dream after all :(.....
I will do whatever i can to get my first lucid dream

Peter

Re: Have any of you ever experienced this?

Postby Peter » 15 Nov 2013 19:54

LOL - sounds like you woke up but were not quite there. Sometimes it hard to tell in those first few seconds but always worth testing to see
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

butter

Postby butter » 16 Nov 2013 19:00

Thanks Peter ..... :)
and also i'm doing reality checks only as i tried the wbtb technique but couldn't. How can i remember to do them in my dreams? And how long it will take for that?

I'm beginning to feel that i cannot lucid dream like others have done :(
I will do whatever i can to get my first lucid dream

Peter

Postby Peter » 17 Nov 2013 00:10

It all needs to become a habit so in spite of remembering you will do it. I find doing reality checks during the day a little boring but they did work. I dont do them anymore but if you want to do this try setting a time based series and if you want to be really obsessed with it set a time on your phone to go every 90 minutes as this is about the length of a REM cycle. Then each time it goes just have a look around and look at you hands, poke a finger into another hand so you are using two modes of sense and ponder for a few seconds. This will become a habit and you will find that after a few days of this you are tuned into the cycle and will be checking as the time arrives. At this point it is a habit and this will go on 24hours a day in your mind so very soon you will be checking in your dream and then you will just be there.

this is only one way, I have not used the timer but have done this in other ways and it is effective.
Have a go and keep me informed
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

charmingamy

Postby charmingamy » 21 Nov 2013 02:01

I had a similar experience. I have had 3 lucid dreams so far. however after the second one I woke up wondering if it was real or dream. So i kept pinching my self and it did not hurt at all. and I started rubbing my hands but felt almost immediately that I am awake. so I sat up in bed very confused. looking around to do some reality check. everything looked fine. so real life. So i started pinching myself again and it did not hurt.

So maybe I was in between a lucid dream and waking up? I have no idea.

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 22 Nov 2013 02:05

charmingamy wrote:I had a similar experience. I have had 3 lucid dreams so far. however after the second one I woke up wondering if it was real or dream. So i kept pinching my self and it did not hurt at all. and I started rubbing my hands but felt almost immediately that I am awake. so I sat up in bed very confused. looking around to do some reality check. everything looked fine. so real life. So i started pinching myself again and it did not hurt.

So maybe I was in between a lucid dream and waking up? I have no idea.

This could have been a false awakening. They are often very hard to identify as a dream.
Dreaming is my drug

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Nov 2013 11:24

If you are forgetting to do random reality checks while in a dream.. program yourself itstead by doing it in real life, to do them to a dream symbol which often appears in your dreams.

eg in my case a good one would be on going to the toilet as I have many going to the toilet dream. If you have a lot of eatting dreams or food dreams, you could try doing it every time you see food. Think of something which often appears in your dreams to be doing it too.

If you've tried this for a while and its failed.. I suggest then to maybe try something like WILD instead in which you probably wont need reality checks if you enter a dream with no break in consciousness.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”