Beginner's Questions

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Bookwormgal

Beginner's Questions

Postby Bookwormgal » 20 Nov 2013 06:03

Hi! My name is Lisa and I am 14. In the past, I've tried to learn how to lucid dream but to my knowledge have never succeeded. What happens is I revisit this page, get super excited and motivated to do this, go strong for a while, and then get busy, decide it's not worth the time or whatever. The most I've ever done were RCs (which I had trouble remembering) and a dream journal. Also, I have planned out the setup for a lucid dream, with a friend in an empty room asking about RCs. However, I have never actually entered this scene in a dream. I plan to start a MILD technique schedule, along with waking up every few hours. I would like to ask if anyone has had success with this, along with RCs that have worked for you. In the past, not for the intent of lucid dreaming, I have been able to... I don't know how to explain it... make myself fly in my mind I guess? Is that a good sign or might this help me become lucid if I actually do fly within a dream? Thanks for your help!

Highlander

Re: Beginner's Questions

Postby Highlander » 20 Nov 2013 12:17

MILD is a good way to start. You should try it. I also do this.
I don't do RC though.

R99

Postby R99 » 20 Nov 2013 15:49

the most useful RC is for me is looking at my own hand and try to count the fingures. mine is always changing in dreams, merging and more than 5 fingures... always happens, crazy stuff. just an RC is not going to help if its not alarming u to the very moment. questioning the reality is very gud method, like- wer r u now? wat time it is? wat r u doing? kind of stuff. in my experience its easy to get ur LD. u just need to be motivated. read tons of books. and make sure u remember ur dreams by keeping dream journal. i got my first LD within a week after reading about it.

hope it helped, gud luck Dreamer. :D
I see the Truth now.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 20 Nov 2013 15:52

When i said earlier that i don't do RC i meant just before going to sleep. But in the dream i do it all the time: looking at the hands and jumping are my favourites.

Bookwormgal

Postby Bookwormgal » 20 Nov 2013 17:23

Thank you! I will be sure to keep your comments in mind!

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Nov 2013 11:54

I plan to start a MILD technique schedule, along with waking up every few hours.

I strongly suggest not to be waking yourself up that much as it may end up giving you sleep issues. Waking up once at the most to try it each night is enough.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”