half WILD

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
henryc

half WILD

Postby henryc » 21 Nov 2013 11:16

I have attempted the WILD technique a few times now, twice I have tried it as soon as I go to bed, I relaxed and the feeling rushed through my body and I went all tingly and felt vibrations and things. I could hear tapping above my head and murmuring voices. I stayed calm and still but after a while the effect wore off. I sat up and tried a reality check and I was awake. I also didn't see any images, HI, or anything like that. o I tried once at 3 AM but I couldn't stay awake :lol: so would you guys have any tips on this? was I close to a WILD? should I do it straight away or wake up 5-6 hours into sleep? if so, how should I stay awake?

DreamerMan99

Re: half WILD

Postby DreamerMan99 » 23 Nov 2013 05:33

The trick is to fall asleep. When you get those signals relax and go with the flow. Let your mind wander while staying on a path of lucidity. It takes practice. Dont give up!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 28 Nov 2013 13:00

henryc wrote:I have attempted the WILD technique a few times now, twice I have tried it as soon as I go to bed, I relaxed and the feeling rushed through my body and I went all tingly and felt vibrations and things. I could hear tapping above my head and murmuring voices. I stayed calm and still but after a while the effect wore off. I sat up and tried a reality check and I was awake. I also didn't see any images, HI, or anything like that. o I tried once at 3 AM but I couldn't stay awake :lol: so would you guys have any tips on this? was I close to a WILD? should I do it straight away or wake up 5-6 hours into sleep? if so, how should I stay awake?

Describe the vibrations please. It could be that they, the tapping near youe head and murmuring voices are all just HI. HI don't have to be visual; they can be sensations, sounds or smells. Assuming these were all HI you had the weakest form of demi-Wild.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 28 Nov 2013 22:43

henryc wrote:I have attempted the WILD technique a few times now, twice I have tried it as soon as I go to bed, I relaxed and the feeling rushed through my body and I went all tingly and felt vibrations and things. I could hear tapping above my head and murmuring voices. I stayed calm and still but after a while the effect wore off. I sat up and tried a reality check and I was awake. I also didn't see any images, HI, or anything like that. o I tried once at 3 AM but I couldn't stay awake :lol: so would you guys have any tips on this? was I close to a WILD? should I do it straight away or wake up 5-6 hours into sleep? if so, how should I stay awake?

Trying to WILD right when first going to bed is not recommended, it's best to do it after at least 5 hours of sleep.

The best state to be in for WILD is when there is a steady, high intensity of visuals going on during HI. They don;t necessarily need to be fully formed. It will feel like everything is moving quickly, high energy kind of state, maybe some vibrations too. Often the background will be somewhat lighter than black.

This state is not a requirement, but best for entry so learn to recognize it. I try to save my efforts for this state.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Nov 2013 10:02

I relaxed and the feeling rushed through my body and I went all tingly and felt vibrations and things. I could hear tapping above my head and murmuring voices. I stayed calm and still but after a while the effect wore off.

I think you missed your cue for a WILD. When you got the vibrations, tapping and voices.. it means you may be in the right state to do a WILD at that point but you didnt try to do anything to help you exit in an OBE or to draw you into a dream. Those sounds are your HI coming in.

What I suggest to do next time is to try to interact with what you are experiencing.. dont just lay back as observe but get involved with it.

The voices.. you could of attempted to telepathically communicate with them.. asking them to become clearer.

You could of also tried to imagine as in first person, going towards the murmers or of them getting closer to you. Focus on them become clear and louder to your ears.

The trick with WILD is once you are in the right state (which you may of been) is to use whatever you get to draw yourself into a WILD .. pull yourself into the dream. Those things represent that you in the state with both consciousness and subconciousness manifesting so are a good time to work at trying to WILD.

Like you, I used to wait for more and by doing that.. I missed so many of the WILDs I would of had otherwise as I wasnt aware to actually use things to actively get myself into one (it can be work but with practice it becomes easier). I used to just inactively wait for more and that more never used to come.

Not all enter into WILDS visually, some of us (myself included) enter with our other senses first (Im often blind at first when I first enter a dream.. the visuals for some take longer then the rest of the senses).

I personally find when I go to bed (also first thing when I wake up) are good times to do a WILD. It varies with the person.

better luck next time
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

henryc

Postby henryc » 01 Dec 2013 11:50

thank you all so much, especialy taniaaust1, i will definetely be trying that next wild attempt, you were a great help!

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

Return to “For Beginners”