I have a question on lucid dreaming....

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
butter

I have a question on lucid dreaming....

Postby butter » 28 Nov 2013 14:17

I've been doing RC's and wake up around 6 am and go to sleep trying the SSILD. My dreams have become a bit more vivid than earlier. Now I sometimes wonder in my dreams - like i saw a candle that day floating up with the smoke ... I was like "What ? I never knew that candles fly" ( sadly i forgot to question myself if i'm dreaming) ... and things like that. My question is am I on the right track? And is there anything else i could do to add to this and get an RC? thanks.
I will do whatever i can to get my first lucid dream

simayy

Re: I have a question on lucid dreaming....

Postby simayy » 29 Nov 2013 07:38

Sounds to me like youre doing it right & youre almost there. keep trying, dont give up!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Nov 2013 09:26

What kind of reality check are you doing. Are you also keeping a dream journal?
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

butter

Postby butter » 30 Nov 2013 18:33

Thanks to everybody for replying :)
And I do two reality checks at a time, pushing my fingers through my palm and breathing through my nose.And i spend time in recalling my dreams everyday and sometimes write them down.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 Dec 2013 01:29

Sounds like you are on the right back but you may be able to tweak what you do a bit better.

What ? I never knew that candles fly" ( sadly i forgot to question myself if i'm dreaming) ...

Do you in real life at least several times a day, look around you and ask yourself "Is there anything strange going on here? Is this all normal, could this be a dream?"

You may need to get into the habit of this kind of reality checking to become aware of dream weirdness. Dont rely just only on the reality checks you are doing now but also try to get in the habit of inspecting what is going on around yourself and asking. To get that happening, you need to start doing it in daily life.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

butter

Postby butter » 01 Dec 2013 19:00

Ok,thanks - i try that my best :)

Return to “For Beginners”