Best lucid dreaming technique

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
RustyMinecart

Best lucid dreaming technique

Postby RustyMinecart » 05 Dec 2013 00:56

I would like to know the best, preferably easiest method for inducing lucid dreams. I have not had one yet but I want one badly.
You Create Your Own Reality

Goldkoron

Re: Best lucid dreaming technique

Postby Goldkoron » 05 Dec 2013 01:00

RustyMinecart wrote:I would like to know the best, preferably easiest method for inducing lucid dreams. I have not had one yet but I want one badly.

I'd like to know the easiest method to lucid dream to. The only technique I use reflects my growing insanity. Talking to my subconscious.
Do a reality check

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 05 Dec 2013 01:27

DEILD. You master this technique and you're the don.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 05 Dec 2013 07:55

Summerlander wrote:DEILD. You master this technique and you're the don.

I've done this twice almost by accident. I was awake, but then 10 seconds later just watched the dream form and stepped into it while still awake. It was almost seamless. Definitely the ultimate, but haven't tried to master it.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 05 Dec 2013 18:47

Everyone is different, so there really is no one 'best' technique. What works well for someone else may not work well for you. That being said, it seems most people respond well to the MILD, SSILD, and DEILD techniques. Adding WBTB to whichever routine you use can definitely increase your chances of having a LD, so I highly recommend adding it. Generally speaking WILDs are pretty difficult to do, especially for beginners so I would stay away from those for now.

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 06 Dec 2013 10:00

Yes definitely DEILD!! Read my post on it in this forum.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 06 Dec 2013 13:08

Everyone is different but not completely. It's true that some require more work than others and each individual is nuanced towards certain techniques. But there is definitely a universal algorithm that everyone can start and work with, after all, we are all human beings.

DEILD is a method that takes advantage of human physiology and it natural rise back to consciousness upon awakening. It's compatible with all healthy minds, and, like any other technique, it requires confidence too.

Give it a go. Make it fun. Stay positive. Don't worry about failure (you can learn from this and tell yourself, "next time").Now here's a quote I never get tired off:

"Keep in mind that trying to immediately separate upon awakening is a skill of the utmost importance; one that is worth honing from the very beginning, never forgotten." - Michael Raduga, "The Phase: A Practical Guidebook"

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “For Beginners”