questions

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
brandon_l1000

questions

Postby brandon_l1000 » 19 Dec 2013 21:30

First i want to start by saying i am not crazy lol. I am a normal guy, I'm in college, I have a job. I have never believed in psychics or paranormal things. That being said, since i was about 8 years old i have done something weird. I dream things that happen at a later date. It seems weird to say i see the future, but i guess that is what it is. I will dream something, it's never anything important, could be just a scene. For example I had a dream once i was setting on concrete steps. In front of me was my best friend and a girl, and there was another girl setting on my lap. I had never seen either of these girls in my life. It was maybe two years later i started college, i made friends with two girls. well one day we were waiting for classes to start, and i set down on the steps and one of the girls set down on my lap. I realized instantly i had seen this before. It's always things like this, it's like someone video tapes 5 seconds and stick it in my dreams. I don't do this very often maybe 5 or 6 times a year, but as i get older it happens more frequently. The bad part is, i can always remember the dream because right after i dream these little things, i am filled with a sense of doom. So when it happens in real life for an hour after i am waiting for something terrible to happen. also it's like in my dream i know that what i saw is in some way important. Something else weird is there is never any sound, just like watching a snippet of a silent film. I have only told maybe 5 people including my parents about this, and they always look at me like i'm crazy. So my question is what is it i am doing? It doesn't scare me or bother me, just makes me wander why i do this?

Snaggle

Re: questions

Postby Snaggle » 20 Dec 2013 05:29

brandon_l1000 wrote: I have only told maybe 5 people including my parents about this, and they always look at me like i'm crazy. So my question is what is it i am doing? It doesn't scare me or bother me, just makes me wander why i do this?

Having precogitive dreams is fairly common, but apart from the experience no one "can tell you what they are". No one else has the answer. My opinion is that the subconscious is both more intelligent and creative than the conscious mind. That it's capable of creating simulations about the real world and some of those real world dreams will match up to real events. No could always avoid jumping to conclusions in anything one is investating and avoid ones own bias. Those having precogitive dreams are seeing the real future psychically might be possible and so might my opinion, but my opinion has the advantage that it does not need more weird stuff to be true, such as the future already being determined and maybe unalterable or that the past, present and future are just illussions of those trapped in space and time.

The weird options might be what really is, but how could anyone test the idea?
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

butter

Re: questions

Postby butter » 25 Dec 2013 09:05

In this case i have to say that yeah, that feeling has occured to me many many times in my life.It's not about the dreams.... it's about that when in that situation (like sitting on the steps) i feel that that exact situation has happened previously in my life,maybe many times, though i know it's impossible. Now i wonder that maybe other people too get them.
I will do whatever i can to get my first lucid dream

Return to “For Beginners”