Lucid dreams and sleep paralysis.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Tontonredz

Lucid dreams and sleep paralysis.

Postby Tontonredz » 07 Jan 2014 01:26

Well, first, hello to everyone, I've been fascinated by lucid dreams since I discovered it on 9gag.
I researched it for a while but never committed to it. 2 weeks ago I found this website and said to myself, okay let's do this.

My first real experience of trying to lucid dream was sadly an horrible sleep paralysis. In my dream I was in my room and I kinda figure out I was dreaming but when I tried to go forward, me eyes opened themselves alone and I wasnt able to move for 20 seconds, with terrible hallucinations and creepy sounds. Luckily I knew about sleep paralysis and I wasnt that afraid like I went to sleep right away.

My seconde experience was 2 days after my first one. Still a sleep paralysis, same kind of thing, trying to move in the dream and waking up to hallucinations and creepy sounds.

My third experience was a lucid dream ! In my dream I spontaneously told myself, I'm dreaming, and at that moment my dream felt SO REAL, I cant believe the level of reality a lucid dream can be up to. It lasted for 5 minutes and then I woke up BUT in my dream and then I told myself again that I was still dreaming but this time I was able to walk around for only 30 seconds and woke up sadly.

My fourth experience was today morning, sleep paralysis again, I tried to grab something and woke up to hallucinations etc...

So my question Is, how can I not fall into sleep paralysis that often and have more lucid dream ratio ?
(I know you can get a lucid dream from sleep paralyisis, but I think I'm not ready, sleep paralysis is still pretty scary even If i'm not traumatized about it)

Sorry for my english, I'm french.

Return to “For Beginners”