First Lucid Dream - False Awakening

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
puriifying

First Lucid Dream - False Awakening

Postby puriifying » 19 Apr 2012 21:30

Hi! I'm new to the concept of lucid dreaming, and just last night I had a lucid false awakening. I'll quickly explain.

Last night I first woke up (reality) an hour earlier than my alarm, then quickly tried to remember my previous dream while trying to write in down in a journal. Afterwards I turned over to go to sleep and "woke up" (dream) thinking how fast I slept, and got up, walking to the kitchen until the world started to swirl. My mum walked in and, realizing this seemed like a dream I (mistakingly) asked, "Am I dreaming?" She of course replied "...no." and from thereon the dream became weirder and ended after looking into a mirror and being so scared at my reflection causing me to really wake up.

Wasn't exactly expecting this on the first night of trying to remember dreams! It was quite frightening...
Going to keep performing more reality checks.
"you don't spell love, you feel it" - winnie the pooh

Peter

Re: First Lucid Dream - False Awakening

Postby Peter » 19 Apr 2012 21:34

Awesome - keep open minded and enjoy
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Chrispy

Postby Chrispy » 20 Apr 2012 03:13

Sounds like you're almost there! I had about three false awakenings before I was able to become lucid.
There is no spoon.

puriifying

Postby puriifying » 20 Apr 2012 14:45

Chrispy wrote:Sounds like you're almost there! I had about three false awakenings before I was able to become lucid.

Three false awakenings? Sounds scary. Just wondering, how long were you/are you able to stay lucid?
"you don't spell love, you feel it" - winnie the pooh

Chrispy

Postby Chrispy » 25 Apr 2012 19:18

They're not really that scary for me, just odd. lol I can stay lucid for a pretty long time now. (Or at least it seems long in my head.) But at first it only seemed like a few minutes.
There is no spoon.

Return to “For Beginners”