trouble recognising being in a dream

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
JonSnowLD

trouble recognising being in a dream

Postby JonSnowLD » 16 Jan 2014 21:50

I was in a dream last night and I was watching fireworks, they were pretty bad fireworks cause I could hardly see them and I remember specifically thinking 'these fireworks would looks so much cooler if I was in an LD'. When I woke up I realised I'd been thinking about lucid dreams but hadn't cottoned onto the fact I was in one which is sooooo frustrating!
Does anyone have any advice on how to use these kind of thoughts in dreams as a gateway to lucidity? thanks!
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

torakrubik

Re: trouble recognising being in a dream

Postby torakrubik » 16 Jan 2014 23:56

Annoying isn't it!

I'd say that the best solution would be to do an RC every time you even think about lucidity. That way you should be able to utilise those frustrating moments.
Dreaming is my drug

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 17 Jan 2014 13:53

A thing you can do is take advantage of that "mistake". Think about the fireworks you saw in the dream, have the intention of see it again. With luck, you'll have a dream with the same fireworks and that will trigger lucidity in you.
I've tried this and it worked for me. There's some "abnormalities" that i recognize as a dream sign and now i don't let it run away .

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 18 Jan 2014 21:24

Yeah it is really annoying XD ok, that makes sense-i'll start linking fireworks/thinking about lucidity with reality checks
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

Return to “For Beginners”