Permanent Lucid Dreams

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Permanent Lucid Dreams

Postby Unionformity » 24 Jan 2014 07:04

Hey all,
I was wondering; before I have my first lucid dream, is it possible to create a landscape, e.g. a building with multiple distinct rooms, and have it always stay that way, as things do in the real world?
Simply put, can you create things in a lucid dream and have them stay there for the next time you have a lucid dream? And if so, would that be an "advanced" form of dream, or could a beginner like me do it easily?
If you still don't understand (and since I really want the specifics of this question answered), I'll share just what I want answered.
I had an idea one night about how a lucid dream would play out, if I happen to have one. In this dream, I'd be in my bedroom, and I could perform a certain sequence of actions in order to make a secret door appear, which would lead to a room with several rooms leading out of it into different types of worlds. I know this is totally possible for one-time use, but is it possible to make it so when I reach lucidity another night, it will all still be there?
*Should be Uniconformity

Re: Permanent Lucid Dreams

Postby Goldkoron » 24 Jan 2014 07:38

This could be possible, but it would require constant meditation and memory of the world and how everything is. Lately I have been strongly thinking about returning to memories of my childhood 6 years ago. And last night, I had a lucid dream where I walked around my house as it was 6 years ago.
Do a reality check

Re: Permanent Lucid Dreams

Postby Summerlander » 24 Jan 2014 11:17

You can stabilise dream environments and memorise them for a revisit but before you can do this you must practice techniques that will help you to deepen and prolong the lucid dream state.

You must also bear in mind that the dream world is phantasmagoric in nature. This means that it is prone to instability and change. (In fact, even when employing techniques for maintaining, there is no guarantee that things will remain the same.) The dream world is volatile because perception in that state is unconstrained by sensory input (unlike waking perception of the real world).

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “For Beginners”