Unintentional Lucid Dream

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Unintentional Lucid Dream

Postby austinl91 » 26 Jan 2014 01:42

Hello all!

I had a dream about a year and a half ago that I will never forget. For most of the dream I was terrified. I was staying with my dad while waiting for my new apartment to be available. While in the dream I had no idea I was dreaming. For the majority of the dream, I was just laying in the same bed I fell asleep in. It seemed like HOURS that I had been laying there unable to move. It came to a point that I knew that I was sleeping but that I was stuck. I was paralyzed and unable to nudge my partner who was still laying next to me. As I began to panic, thinking that I may indeed be really stuck. All of a sudden, I was in my childhood home in Hawaii (We now live in North Dakota :| ) with my father. I asked him if the same was happening to him (being stuck in a dream). He said yes and agreed that we would talk about it when we woke up. As soon as the agreement was made, I awoke startled and gasping for air. It was only 3 or 4 in the morning and I was terrified of going back to bed in fear of getting stuck again. Needless to say, my dad did not remember as, of course, he was not there.

Was this a lucid dream? Have you ever been stuck in a dream and unable to wake? Is there any way to prevent this if I attempt lucid dreaming? I only recently heard of this and began researching it as I find it very intriguing.

Re: Unintentional Lucid Dream

Postby Jacob46719 » 27 Jan 2014 03:23

austinl91 wrote:Have you ever been stuck in a dream and unable to wake?

No, but I'd gladly take all of yours. Being unable to wake is reinforced dream stabilization.
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

Return to “For Beginners”