First Lucid Dream

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

First Lucid Dream

Postby Justous » 17 Feb 2014 06:00

Two nights ago, I had my first ever lucid dream. I remember it pretty much perfectly but it wasn't very vivid it seems. I was wondering how to make it more vivid and I seem to have lost consciousness (and quite frankly the dream I think ended too) but it was the first and shortest dream of the night, so I'd like to learn how to make my dreams more vivid and longer.

Re: First Lucid Dream

Postby GalMutzafy » 17 Feb 2014 20:14

I dont think you can make them longer, the only thing you can do is trying to keep the dream alive when you see that its failing like rubbing your hands, spinning around in a circul or say ''Dream become vivid!'', it could help you.

To make them more vivid, try to write every dream you have, any dream that you remmember every morning, its helping.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Re: First Lucid Dream

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Feb 2014 10:03

A dream can be made longer. It may thou take some practice to learn how to extend dreams. Firstly one needs to be able to tell when one is starting to wake up (the earlier one can tell and do something about it, the better).. and then each time one is started to drift towards a wake state.. intensify the dream more and pull oneself more deeper into it (there are many different ways of doing this).

Being able to extend a LD is about being able to maintain the right balance between subconciousness and the consciousness.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”