Lucid Dreaming/Astral Projection - Scared and stuck!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Re: Lucid Dreaming/Astral Projection - Scared and stuck!

Postby Demonica » 14 Mar 2014 20:39

Cheers Hagart.

The physical sensations do leave a 'hangover' once I'm awake properly. I still feel the numb tingles on my body and my ears are slightly sore from the loud gushing wind noise. It makes sense to me that it's all stuff our bodies go through as we fall asleep every night, it's just that our brains are usually zonked out so we don't experience them. I could do without the noises though, it's so darn loud!

I'll continue with my research! :D

Re: Lucid Dreaming/Astral Projection - Scared and stuck!

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Mar 2014 02:33

Demonica wrote: Trying to sit up is akin to being velcro pulling apart, it isn't a smooth transition!

its so great when transistion happens smoothly. When I was doing the OBE stuff, I used to get "stuck" a lot. Have my astral hands, arms or legs loose but stuck elsewhere. Trying to summersault when stuck and partly loose, has got me out (but that was scary in itself as I didnt know if I was going to physically end up rolling and hitting the floor or would come unstuck, I tried it thou and it worked for me).

I spoke to a co-worker about it and her partner 'falls out' of his body sometimes and is able to walk around. It happens when he's extremely tired. She's loaned me a book about lucid dreaming which I'll slowly work my way through.

OBE can sometimes more easily happen if very tired. I once fell out of body and found myself dangling under the car my body was in.. looking at the road whizzing by.. kind of disturbing. (I was a passenger in a car at the time trying hard to stay awake till I got home). Other times when Im not tired like that.. Ive had spontanous glide outs.. another time was interesting as I wiggled out of my body like a snake sheds a skin. Even when one is into this stuff one often doesnt experience the same every time. (Another time I summersaulted out thinking I was going to have an OBE but instead went into a LD on body exit).

Perhaps I should work harder at staying lucid/conscious throughout these experiences instead of getting scared and trying to wake myself up ^_^

Yeah deal with your fear.. you are probably missing some great experiences by holding onto that fear. There also a risk if you go into fear and keep waking yourself up, sooner or later you could go into horrible false awakenings (ever seen the movie "ground hog day"). Where one constantly repeats false awakening over and over.. (not necessarily scary in itself but gets scary when one starts to believe one is "stuck" in false awakening states). I ended up after a very bad run of those not knowing I was really awake when I finally was as it all left me feeling that confused.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”