How to LD, preferably using WILD

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Lindsey

How to LD, preferably using WILD

Postby Lindsey » 19 Mar 2014 20:40

Hey. I'm completely new to lucid dreaming. i read about it somewhere and thought that it was awesome and i wanted to try to have one.

I've been trying the WILD method, and i'm not sure if it's working or not. i think i might be controlling my dreams a bit. i know that i realize i'm dreaming. but i'm not sure how to really control the dream after that. i think i sort of let the dream run it's course while watching and doing what i'm supposed to do. like a record stuck on a track or something. i know i'm dreaming, but i'm not sure how to get control. to make myself do what i want.

i probably sound really confusing though. if you can help please give some tips. thanks a bunch!!

GalMutzafy

Re: How to LD, preferably using WILD

Postby GalMutzafy » 19 Mar 2014 21:00

It happends sometimes that you are lucid and the dream doesn't fade away, but yet you are not aware / lucid enough to control your dream, it happend to me a few times :/

Sometimes you can't do anything about it, but sometimes you can actually from the beginning make it work, like in the moment you realize you are dreaming, do one or two reality checks, touch your sorroundings, rub your hands, breath the dream-air, it could help you to becom from semi-lucid to fully lucid and aware.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Lindsey

Postby Lindsey » 19 Mar 2014 21:08

GalMutzafy wrote:Sometimes you can't do anything about it, but sometimes you can actually from the beginning make it work, like in the moment you realize you are dreaming, do one or two reality checks

so as soon as you think "this is a dream" or "i'm dreaming" or whatever, do a reality check? like as soon as you realize that? when you said about not being aware/lucid enough and therefore not being able to control it, will we for sure be able to control it in that first realization of the fact that you're dreaming?

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 19 Mar 2014 21:15

Lindsey wrote:
GalMutzafy wrote:Sometimes you can't do anything about it, but sometimes you can actually from the beginning make it work, like in the moment you realize you are dreaming, do one or two reality checks

so as soon as you think "this is a dream" or "i'm dreaming" or whatever, do a reality check? like as soon as you realize that? when you said about not being aware/lucid enough and therefore not being able to control it, will we for sure be able to control it in that first realization of the fact that you're dreaming?

As I said, sometimes you are not aware enough to perform the reality check, but sometimes, even as an instinct, if you do the reality check its increasing your lucidity and therefore makes you maybe able enough to control your dream.

Plus all the things and exampls that Ive said, it only could help you.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Lindsey

Postby Lindsey » 19 Mar 2014 21:18

thanks

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 20 Mar 2014 02:49

Honestly, im going to say that a solid 85% of my lucid dreams were DILD and wake back to bed. With all the countless strategies and misinformation,i found that trying to conciously induce lucidity was really hard. Waking up early, than waking up every 45 minutes or so for the next few hours (such as up at 6, wake up, wake up, wake up, and actually get out of bed at 10-11) seems to give me the best chance at lucidity.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Mar 2014 09:58

Sounds like your issue is that you just arent all that lucid. There is also the possibility you could be dreaming you are lucid eg dreaming you are dreaming (seeing it was the last thing on your mind seeing you were trying the WILD method..makes it easy to dream about last thing on ones mind), rather then actually being lucid and hence having awareness coming from your normal waking consciousness.

I dont know what to suggest to help bring in your lucidity more if you arent aware enough to be able to consciously get yourself to do things.

Hopefully someone else has some good advice to give.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”