!!!Must Read!!! Lucid Truth

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
HeadlessScorpio

!!!Must Read!!! Lucid Truth

Postby HeadlessScorpio » 13 Apr 2014 19:47

1 of the most annoying things in lucid dreaming is the annoying misconceptions. All the time begginers get some of the simplest things wrong. I try not get mad because the only reason they say such nonsense is because someone told them it was true. Some people think its magic! It isn't ! REM sleep? Brain waves? All science! But the bigger the community gets the more misconceptions are carried in! Here let's separate fact and theory and fake. You should point out anything untrue about LDs. If someone's says something untrue or unproven point it out as a Lie or Theory. Remember: If something's a theory and people are admitting it dont say it isn't true. Theories may be true but don't call them true either.

P.S: Don't go berserk if someone says what you say is wrong. Don't say anything like "Hey It's not false you idiot. A really honest youtuber said it! He never lies!"

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Dreams are a art, you have to paint the path, to create a masterpiece.

HeadlessScorpio

Re: !!!Must Read!!! Lucid Truth

Postby HeadlessScorpio » 13 Apr 2014 20:00

1.You don't have to be in full control. The only sign your in a lucid dream is that you know your asleep. You don't need any control
2.It doesn't have to be vivid. I've had tons if blurry LDs
3.Sleep Paralysis isn't always scary. It really isn't pleasant but doesn't have to be scary. But it ain't fun

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 14 Apr 2014 01:17

Sleep paralysis is not necessarily the only gateway to lucid dreaming
Dreaming is my drug

Justous

Postby Justous » 14 Apr 2014 16:41

The misconception that sleep paralysis is always scary. It's scary if you think of it as a negative ordeal. I think it kind of fun and exciting because it means something great follows after. Sleep paralysis is also very peaceful as it's like floating in a place of timeless, meaninglessness where there is no worry. (Again, if you have your mindset in check)

WhyNotSmeagol

Postby WhyNotSmeagol » 14 Apr 2014 18:00

When I first heard about sleep paralysis I thought that it was one of the scariest things in the world. People were saying they have seen aliens and shadows trying to murder them. Even if you check the pictures about SP on Google you will see tons of demons and creepy creatures. I heard once that you never know fear until you have a SP. Later when I got more into lucid dreaming I wasn't so scared about SP any more. When I first got it, I counted it as success. The second time I had SP I heard noises in my room: footsteps, opening windows, throwing books, ... It was a bit scary, but I didn't panic or anything.

I personally think people are making sleep paralysis a way bigger deal then it actually is. People must understand that sleep paralysis is not some kind of magic or alien technology, it is just a state in which body is shut down and mind is awake.
Equilibrium

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 14 Apr 2014 21:20

WhyNotSmeagol wrote:When I first heard about sleep paralysis I thought that it was one of the scariest things in the world. People were saying they have seen aliens and shadows trying to murder them. Even if you check the pictures about SP on Google you will see tons of demons and creepy creatures. I heard once that you never know fear until you have a SP. Later when I got more into lucid dreaming I wasn't so scared about SP any more. When I first got it, I counted it as success. The second time I had SP I heard noises in my room: footsteps, opening windows, throwing books, ... It was a bit scary, but I didn't panic or anything.

I personally think people are making sleep paralysis a way bigger deal then it actually is. People must understand that sleep paralysis is not some kind of magic or alien technology, it is just a state in which body is shut down and mind is awake.

The thing is, it's important that people will know this, because imagine how people would react if they will have a SP and think it's all real...
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

HeadlessScorpio

Postby HeadlessScorpio » 17 Apr 2014 17:16

GalMutzafy wrote:
WhyNotSmeagol wrote:When I first heard about sleep paralysis I thought that it was one of the scariest things in the world. People were saying they have seen aliens and shadows trying to murder them. Even if you check the pictures about SP on Google you will see tons of demons and creepy creatures. I heard once that you never know fear until you have a SP. Later when I got more into lucid dreaming I wasn't so scared about SP any more. When I first got it, I counted it as success. The second time I had SP I heard noises in my room: footsteps, opening windows, throwing books, ... It was a bit scary, but I didn't panic or anything.

The thing is, it's important that people will know this, because imagine how people would react if they will have a SP and think it's all real...

Actually this happens. Some alien abductions are really cases of SP. I really can't wait to experience it.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 Apr 2014 10:47

I do think people shouldnt go around accusing people of lying just cause of hearing that someone has had a different experience to what they themselves have had as we are dealing with the dream world here, things can be quite different for different people. Also it can be quite variable what techinique can be best for individuals, a technique hard for one may be easier for another.

WhyNotSmeagol wrote: I personally think people are making sleep paralysis a way bigger deal then it actually is. People must understand that sleep paralysis is not some kind of magic or alien technology, it is just a state in which body is shut down and mind is awake.

For some people sleep paralyses is very scary so to those it is a big deal (I come across someone who was on strong prescription drugs due to this issue being so bad for her, she'd spent 10 years on drugs due to it). Unfortunately she still had no understanding of sleep paralyses images and didnt know what she was experiencing with it was HI.

Thou part of the reason why it was such a big deal is usually either cause they had the experience without previously knowing about sleep paralyses, or they had been scared by stories about it so their experience lived up to their expectation of how scary they believed it would be!
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

WhyNotSmeagol

Postby WhyNotSmeagol » 18 Apr 2014 12:00

Yes, that's what I meant. I agree that some people experience SP in a more frightening way then others, but that is often because they heard scary stories about SP. When I heard about SP many years before, I was afraid of it and that is all because of those creepy stories and videos.
Equilibrium

Return to “For Beginners”