Lucid Nightmare?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
TSR

Lucid Nightmare?

Postby TSR » 17 Apr 2014 08:45

Hello everyone ;) .

In the past I used to have some „minor” lucid dreams without doing any preparations, like writing a dream journal, making reality checks, doing meditations or other vastly spread techniques that help people enter this fascinating state. Those dreams were rare and short yet intense and I was able to fully control them.

Yesterday I had a really tough day that made me exhausted. I thought it would be a great opportunity to relax myself in a fully controllable dream, provided that I’d be able to get one. I have never been able to induce a lucid dream before at will, but this time I actually managed to get it and it was very long.
I found myself in an amusement park. At first I wasn’t really aware that I’m dreaming. Everything seemed so real… Suddenly, I have come to a stand where some kind of illusionist/magician was hypnotizing people to make them angry. At this moment I somehow realized I was dreaming and I was able to took control over my world of imagination, which made me able to cure these people from fury and blow the magician away. I felt so happy and powerful.

I also met a strange old lady that praised me for my success. She felt like a grandmother to me, but her face was not known to me. She gave me some tips what I could do in my present state like flying, talking to other people about them or playing with landscape. Pretty childish… I know.
While I was having fun strange things began to happen. I felt like some evil forces were trying to destroy the world I’ve been in. For example there was a dark fog in the sky that was dropping down slowly towards the funfair, or a serial killer walking among the people trying to kill me, but as with others threats I was able to overcome them. Fighting with a dark will to destroy my dream was really exhausting, but I did not give up as I was fully aware of my power.

The old lady seemed happy and proud of me.

When I felt that all the threats were gone for the moment, I decided to ask the lady whether she knows why in my own world of my own imagination there can be forces trying so hard to destroy what I want to have fun with, as it never happened in my short lucid dreams in the past. It was my dream after all.

Now comes the scary part that actually made me so frightened I had to wake up and search for a forum like this to ask you guys if you have ever experienced such strange thing in your LDs.

She didn’t want to answer me and told me nothing at first, but I kept repeating my question over and over. Then, her face changed and become sad and somehow scary. She replied that she knows the answer, but It cannot be told to me. I yelled at her something like “For God’s sake why do I have to convince MYSELF to tell me something?”. She replied that if I got my answer I would become too scared to go to sleep ever again. Then she disappeared and I felt that EVERYTHING within my dream wanted me to fade away. I became so scared I could feel my body trembling. I am not a person who is easily scared, but being able to hear such words so clearly in a dream was truly frightening. I had to wake up fast, which I did.
I am a newbie in LD diving, that is why I’d like to know if you - more experienced have ever lost control over your dream? Is there anything I could do to become “stronger”? Like I told you before, it was the first time I wanted to become lucid and succeeded, which I guess should make me even more powerful within my dream. It turned out to be a nightmare in the end.
What happened? Why in a dream that I am in charge of such things happen? Have you ever met a person who seems to be wiser than you inside your dreams (like my old lady)? :geek:
I’d be grateful for every response.
Cheers.

taniaaust1

Re: Lucid Nightmare?

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 Apr 2014 11:10

I yelled at her something like “For God’s sake why do I have to convince MYSELF to tell me something?”.

:lol:

I fact you have a tough day probably was causing the issues coming into your dream eg dark fog would in subconcious speak- symbolism[- be an indicator of a bad day.. also the symbolism of something spoiling your fun= been having a bad time. What's going on in your life affects what happens in your dreams both non LD and LD. Its also like a little child who has a bad day and then that night has a nightmare.

In dreams thou we can control what we are doing in them (well not always but usually we can control our own dream body at the least), the dream is also our subconciousness playing out often strongly and as such it often does do weird things and things we may not want happening consciously. The subconciousness may have different ideas on what it wants to manifest eg that lady refusing to talk to you, so dont get surprised or shocked when something like that occurs. (In symbolism, it could indicate that you were having communication issues with someone that day or of late).

She didn’t want to answer me and told me nothing at first, but I kept repeating my question over and over. Then, her face changed and become sad and somehow scary. She replied that she knows the answer, but It cannot be told to me

That ended up becoming a nightmare situation to you also cause you consciously made a big deal about it in your dream and dreams just love to intensify things!... so your big deal at demanding to get an answer, then went to the woman changing and turning against you. (just like someone/a stranger could became angry or whatever in real life if someone kept demanding something). The DC going nasty was a quite predictable outcome to what you were doing.

It probably would of been far better if you'd not let her refusal to talk bother you and just kept on trying to have fun in your dream.

If you want to be stronger in a dream, it helps to understand the interplay coming in between your subconciousness and consciousness and the why you get certain things actually coming into the dream. Everything in your dream, YOU have created there for some reason.

You can become stronger by not allowing the things your subconciousness throws at you to bother you.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”