How do you stay inside of a lucid dream?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
imaginecinema

Re: How do you stay inside of a lucid dream?

Postby imaginecinema » 27 Apr 2014 02:22

Going to Paris. Im not sure if I'd suggest trying to go to another country for a begginer in this as that could be quite a challenge to create a door and go somewhere completely elsewhere throu it which of cause requires a sudden whole dream scene shift and a failure of this could lead to you dropping out the dream. I suggest till you have a little more experience to try things in the dream environment you find yourself in and go to Paris after having a few successful clear LDs. Work on deepening your LDs and interacting with your environment during a dream till your dreams are clearer/stronger.

lol I wasn't actually going to go to Paris; I went there in real life and didn't like it. I thought it was clear as I was using that as an example/Inception reference. I was actually planning on showing up in a small room that I know every detail of and then going from there. I'll definitely try the five senses thing and see if that works.

I'm trying the CAT technique and I think it's working but I'm not really sure. I think it would be best if I just tried the WBTB method for the next week, as that is supposedly the most effective for beginners and it's been a week since my last lucid dream. How long do you think I should wait for results on one method before shifting to a different one? (Also WILD has never really worked for me; I get restless way too fast and I can't fall asleep while retaining consciousness, no matter how many times I try. I'll try to see how long I can keep the image in my head though, and try again, maybe tomorrow morning).

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 27 Apr 2014 10:21

WBTB is certainly effective. To retain consciousness you can do the following type of meditation: focus on a single something in your head (you can do this after counting to 100 whilst paying attention to your breathing to help you relax). Every time your mind gets lost, bring it back to focus. Do this as many times as it takes in a relaxed and patient manner. Eventually, bam! You will reach the desired state and you will know it.

But don't be afraid to accidentally fall asleep either. The chances of becoming lucid while dreaming are quite high due to your intention. Even more effective, in my opinion, is the DEILD method (nail this one and you are also nailing re-entries). ;-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 05 May 2014 03:48

imaginecinema wrote:
Going to Paris. Im not sure if I'd suggest trying to go to another country for a begginer in this as that could be quite a challenge to create a door and go somewhere completely elsewhere throu it which of cause requires a sudden whole dream scene shift and a failure of this could lead to you dropping out the dream. I suggest till you have a little more experience to try things in the dream environment you find yourself in and go to Paris after having a few successful clear LDs. Work on deepening your LDs and interacting with your environment during a dream till your dreams are clearer/stronger.

lol I wasn't actually going to go to Paris; I went there in real life and didn't like it. I thought it was clear as I was using that as an example/Inception reference.

You missed I was using your Paris example as only an example too :) . It could of just as easily been any place other then the place of where you found yourself in the dream, I didnt mean necessarily literally "paris".

As far as trying one method before choosing to change. I suggest changing your method if you've been doing something for 21 days without any progress. Why? cause that is the time it takes for a habit to form and by then you'd be in the habit of getting a failure from a certain method so best to change things. 21 days is also plenty of time to be trying something to see if it works or not for a person (thou even 14 days can give a fair indication of if a method may be for a person or not).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”