Insomnia, struggling... any advice?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
LD43081

Insomnia, struggling... any advice?

Postby LD43081 » 04 Jun 2014 12:25

Hi all,

I've been seriously trying LD for about a week and a half now. I keep a dream journal, have been doing reality checks and (as often as I can), taking the odd afternoon nap, using binural beats (with subliminal messages) and self-hypnosis MP3. I'm currently trying to use the MILD technique described in the course, while being open to the possibility of WILD happening.

Although I am yet to have an LD, I felt I was having (what I thought) was great progress early on. In the past few days things seem to have stalled, maybe even regressed a bit. The latest issue is that I just can't seem to sleep for more than a couple hours consistently. When that happens I get no dreams that I can recall. Not one. And the frustrating this about this is that even before I started working on LD, I had pretty good dream recall.

So, for you more experienced LDer's, I would ask that based on this am I not doing something right? I'm also wondering if anyone has any recommendations for insomnia. I've used Melatonin in the past with so-so success, but I've also heard that if you take it consistently you can build up a tolerance. I've ordered some CZ, but it will probably take a few days to get here.

Thanks,
J

nesgirl

Re: Insomnia, struggling... any advice?

Postby nesgirl » 04 Jun 2014 16:06

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 06:46, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

LD43081

Re: Insomnia, struggling... any advice?

Postby LD43081 » 04 Jun 2014 19:25

Thanks, I'll give this a try tonight. I'm also going to try and have something for dinner with a lot of tryptophan in it.

Trying not to get discouraged, hoping some sleep (LD or not) will help.

Thanks,
J

Return to “For Beginners”