Why isn't this working for me? What am I doing wrong?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
LD43081

Why isn't this working for me? What am I doing wrong?

Postby LD43081 » 05 Jun 2014 10:43

I've been at this for about a week and half. I've used the "Fast Track" course, I've used the self-hypnosis MP3s, I've used the subliminal binural beats MP3. I've tried meditation. I've tried Melatonin, I've tried B6. I've tried MILD and even WILD. I've tried going to bed later and waking up 4-5 hours after I go to bed. I've tried afternoon naps. I've been dream journaling like it's my job.

Why can't I have an LD?

And worse, why am I seemingly not dreaming at all anymore? Why can I only sleep for two hours at a time?Why am I more miserable and depressed than I have ever been in my life?

I went to sleep at midnight, woke up at 2:00, tried going back to bed at 3:00 and just spend the past two hours lying perfectly still, repeating affirmations and doing visualization (not sleeping). The sun is now coming up; another night wasted.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? Please, somebody tell me!

:cry:

JonSnowLD

Re: Why isn't this working for me? What am I doing wrong?

Postby JonSnowLD » 05 Jun 2014 11:13

It sounds like you could be trying too hard! WILD is notoriously difficult for beginners (I've not had a successful WILD yet) so maybe concentrating on MILD would be best for the moment :)

Also it took me about a month of reality checks and MILD before I had my first LD so there's no reason to worry yet! It's all about ingraining ideas like reality checks so you just eventually remember to do them in a dream etc.

As for the not sleeping well bit, you could try taking a few nights off to get your sleeping pattern back to normal and get rid of some of your frustration cause you'll only make things harder for yourself by getting angry about it!

Good luck! :)

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

LD43081

Postby LD43081 » 05 Jun 2014 15:48

Thanks for the advice.

I'm kinda frustrated, and the lack of sleep isn't helping. You're probably right, a few days off will do me some good.

Thanks!

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 08 Jun 2014 21:24

No worries-you'll get there soon :)
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

LD43081

Postby LD43081 » 08 Jun 2014 22:17

Thanks. I decided to "take a break" until Monday and I _am_ sleeping better and my recall is back to three-five dreams a night. I'll try to take it a little easier when I get back into it on Monday. :)

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Jun 2014 14:06

I agree with that the other told you, you are trying too hard. Relax!!

Secondly, you do need patience too. You are trying to enter a state you havent had before so give yourself time to get there. Some experience quicker then others.

and just spend the past two hours lying perfectly still,

Im of the view if a person has been trying for an hour, its probably not going to occur (and a person is usually stressed out and frustrated by that point).. so roll over and go to sleep at this point as otherwise one can lay there all night and have nothing at all happen. It can cause one to not like doing this stuff when you really want your subconciousness working with you.

Pay in mind you may still have a LD if you relax, roll over and go to sleep.

For a LD to occur you need the body relaxed enough and you also need the mind relaxed enough (so that dont happen with stress!)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”