An Old Problem

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Barbara

An Old Problem

Postby Barbara » 29 Jun 2014 16:21

Hello!

I still have the same problem: I can not have another lucid dream! I had my first lucid dream two/three months ago, and since that ONE time I CAN NOT accomplish it again! I am doing everything that I was doing before my first lucid dream and nothing is happening! Okay, yes, I had some semi-lucid dreams but they were really lame; I would count my fingers then realize I am dreaming and immediately just forget about it - so frustrating! It even happen that I counted my fingers, it was five of them, and even though everything was weird around me I did not recognize I was dreaming. I just said: ''Oh, five fingers. Okay, this is not a dream.''

I know I have to be patient. Believe me I was. But now I am just getting angrier and angrier - why I can not do it again?! I really want to, because my first lucid dream experience was pretty strong for the first lucid dream and now... nothing! I am disappointed. I do not want to give up, but I am obviously doing something wrong.

I am doing reality checks - I am counting my fingers, I do not write into my dream journal very often but I still do now and then, I am meditating every night, I am reading my old dreams, I wrote a list of things that I want to do in my lucid dreams... I am doing everything I know.

Can you enter a lucid dream through a sleep paralysis? How to achieve a sleep paralysis? I am trying to achieve it for a long time, but no success.

Is there any other way I did not mentioned that would help?

P.S
Sorry if I have grammar mistakes, English is not my first language!

Barbara

Highlander

Re: An Old Problem

Postby Highlander » 29 Jun 2014 23:06

Did you try some MILD? With this i mean, thinking of something you want to do in your dream or thinking about having a lucid dream and constantly repeating this to yourself when you go to sleep? I find that this is a very good technique to try and it's not very hard. But, mind you, if this doesn't work for a few days, don't give up and, most importantly, don't get angry (as i read you are becoming angrier). This will only prevent you for having LD's more and more.

tompine73

Re: An Old Problem

Postby tompine73 » 12 Jul 2014 23:22

I was trying for about 4 months before I had my 1st lucid dream experience. And in fact it happened when I was "on a break". So not trying too hard seemed to work for me.

Without seriously getting back into the practices: meditation, reality checking, dream journal etc I then experimented taking galantamine. I thought it would be interesting to see what effect it had on my dream recall when I wasn't really trying hard to remember my dreams.

But in fact it propelled me into my 2nd (and quite incredible) lucid dream! I'm not going to get into the habit of using it (I haven't since although very tempted!). I'm getting back into the more psychological and routine type techniques.

But you never know it may tip your semi-lucid dreams into more lucid ones.

In summary:
-don't try too hard
-try galantamine (if you search this website it will give you more information)

PS. I'm over 40 and so have no problem with experimenting with supplements/drugs etc. on myself. In general I would never recommend this to anybody else.

Return to “For Beginners”