Reality Checking in dreams

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Necrox

Reality Checking in dreams

Postby Necrox » 21 Jul 2014 01:19

The night before last night, I semiconsciously wondered if it was a dream but nothing happened (near end of dream). Last night, I dreamed about reality checking. I leaned on a wall with both my hands and fell through after a second (the check might've been semiconscious). Am I getting close or is this just another thing from real life showing up in dreams? Has this happened to anyone?

JonSnowLD

Re: Reality Checking in dreams

Postby JonSnowLD » 21 Jul 2014 10:53

It's probably a sign that you're close to being lucid. When you reality check make sure you really are testing you're state. If you do it without thinking about it whilst awake, chances are you will reality check half heartedly when dreaming as well. This means you could conclude you're awake when you are actually dreaming-this sounds like what happened to you last night!

I have had dreams where I have been thinking about lucid dreaming but not realised it was a dream-I think it's something that happens to most LDers XD just make sure when you RC,you really think about whether its a dream :)

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

GalMutzafy

Re: Reality Checking in dreams

Postby GalMutzafy » 21 Jul 2014 15:03

Yeah, happened to me twice or maybe more too, I looked at my hands and though it was strange shape looking, I didn't get lucid.

But it is a sign that you are closer, even it failed or succeeded, you did reality check in your dreams or thought about it in your dreams, its a big step towards lucid dreaming.

I recommend listening to what JohnSnow said above ^
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Return to “For Beginners”