Questions before I start

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
TwistedSpoon

Questions before I start

Postby TwistedSpoon » 27 Jul 2014 15:21

Okay I had a couple of lucid dreams in the past and I loved it, but before I really want to start with it I have a couple questions.

1) Is lucid dreaming addictive?
2) Can lucid dreaming really help you figure out stuff? (examples?)
3) Is it possible to, after a long time of practising, make your dream last very long? I'm talking about the time in the dream, not the time in reality. The lucid dreams I had lasted around 2-10 minutes. Is it possible to dream a whole day?
4) Is it possibly dangerous in any way?
5) Is it possible to practise things like sports, music, painting, ... in your dreams while it affects your results in real life? (Studying maybe? :lol: )

Thanks ;)

GalMutzafy

Re: Questions before I start

Postby GalMutzafy » 27 Jul 2014 15:26

TwistedSpoon wrote:Okay I had a couple of lucid dreams in the past and I loved it, but before I really want to start with it I have a couple questions.

3) Is it possible to, after a long time of practising, make your dream last very long? I'm talking about the time in the dream, not the time in reality. The lucid dreams I had lasted around 2-10 minutes. Is it possible to dream a whole day?
5) Is it possible to practise things like sports, music, painting, ... in your dreams while it affects your results in real life? (Studying maybe? :lol: )

Thanks ;)

1. Personally I didnt have much (full lucid I mean) lucid dreams so I can't tell you personally if it is, but most of the people I see here and in other forums will tell you no.

2. Lucid dreams can arrange you a ''meeting'' or a talk with your sub-conscious, you can ask it questions and maybe the answers will be something totally different than what you have expected and it might be true.

3. First of all, you cant dream more than hour and a half because a sleep cycle is an hour and a half, and a minute in a dream = a minute in reality, but you may feel like the time there is really different and longer than it actually is. And if you want to stay longer in a dream, try to rub your hands, touch your surroundings, spin around, shout ''clarity now'' and etc.

4. It is not dangerous, though some people said they felt pain in dreams, you cant die from it, but sometimes it can get scary from stories I have heard (also sleep paralysis that can happen to you, but if you are not using the WILD technique it is quite rare to happen).

5. Yes- if you are playing a guitar or a piano in a dream, it worth as a whole training in real life, that's how powerful and mysterious the brain is.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

TwistedSpoon

Postby TwistedSpoon » 27 Jul 2014 15:38

GalMutzafy wrote:
TwistedSpoon wrote:Okay I had a couple of lucid dreams in the past and I loved it, but before I really want to start with it I have a couple questions.

Thanks ;)

1. Personally I didnt have much (full lucid I mean) lucid dreams so I can't tell you personally if it is, but most of the people I see here and in other forums will tell you no.

2. Lucid dreams can arrange you a ''meeting'' or a talk with your sub-conscious, you can ask it questions and maybe the answers will be something totally different than what you have expected and it might be true.

3. First of all, you cant dream more than hour and a half because a sleep cycle is an hour and a half, and a minute in a dream = a minute in reality, but you may feel like the time there is really different and longer than it actually is. And if you want to stay longer in a dream, try to rub your hands, touch your surroundings, spin around, shout ''clarity now'' and etc.

4. It is not dangerous, though some people said they felt pain in dreams, you cant die from it, but sometimes it can get scary from stories I have heard (also sleep paralysis that can happen to you, but if you are not using the WILD technique it is quite rare to happen).

5. Yes- if you are playing a guitar or a piano in a dream, it worth as a whole training in real life, that's how powerful and mysterious the brain is.

2. How do you ask questions to your sub-conscious?
3. So it is possible to make the dream feel like lasting a long time? And is it possible to lucid dream in the next sleep cycle too?
4. Yea I'm so afraid of sleep paralysis :p
5. That's really cool, do you know of any famous actors, musicians, sporters,... who confessed to practise in their lucid dreams?

Thanks for answering that fast :)

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 27 Jul 2014 15:52

TwistedSpoon wrote:
GalMutzafy wrote:

Thanks ;)

2. How do you ask questions to your sub-conscious?
3. So it is possible to make the dream feel like lasting a long time? And is it possible to lucid dream in the next sleep cycle too?
4. Yea I'm so afraid of sleep paralysis :p
5. That's really cool, do you know of any famous actors, musicians, sporters,... who confessed to practise in their lucid dreams?

Thanks for answering that fast :)

2. There are a few options, one is just simply ask a dream character though I think people say its the least to work, or shout in to the air a private question about yourself and expect to see the answer somewhere, or talk to yourself in front of the mirror, try to summon yourself and etc.

3. I don't think you can make it feel like it would be longer, but you can make it longer as I have said. And yes every dream cycle you have a dream, so its not impossible to have 2-3 lucid dreams in a row, though its gonna be pretty hard lol.

4. Well you don't have to be, its a natural thing the body been through.

5. Specifically I dont remember, but Rebecca (the owner of this forum and website) wrote an article about it, she herself done a song in a lucid dream and played it when she woke up.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

TwistedSpoon

Postby TwistedSpoon » 27 Jul 2014 16:21

Okay thanks again :D I think it's almost time for me to start :D

GalMutzafy

Postby GalMutzafy » 27 Jul 2014 16:26

TwistedSpoon wrote:Okay thanks again :D I think it's almost time for me to start :D

Good luck and have a nice journey :)

If you need any help or have any questions you know the adress

Return to “For Beginners”