About Lucid Dreaming

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
nesgirl

Re: About Lucid Dreaming

Postby nesgirl » 06 Aug 2014 21:47

Daviddd wrote:JonSnowLD told me to focus on MILD/DILDs more rather than WILDs. What would you say? It seems really hard for me. I'm not trying to OBE, just Lucid Dream. Sometimes, I stay still without moving a single limb for an hour but nothing happens.

**Note: I don't really want to 'leave' the body like while doing OBEs. Though, I'm not afraid of Sleep Paralysis (In fact, I've had one today). I just want to get 'teleported' to the dream scene while being conscious.

Another question, I started to write my dreams since 2 or 3 days ago. By this time, my dream recall has become alot better. Every morning, I can remember 1-3 dreams and one of them is very vivid, sometimes Lucid. Does it have anything to do with dream journaling?

There is no such thing as leaving the body, so don't worry about it. As I am thanatophobic (fear of undead) and have been doing phasing WILDs and Dream Body WILDs and have never run into any issues with that, I doubt you'll ever have to worry about something like that happening to you. Like nightmares, it'll only happen to you if you imagine it happening to you, so if you don't think about it, it'll never happen. In a Dream Body controlled WILD, what really happens is during SP your consciousness is slowly shifted from the real world to the dream world, landing you from your real body into a dream body (not leaving your body, you are actually somewhat in a Lucid Dream), which you control and get up yourself in whatever imaginative way you can think of. Then you open your dream eyes, and you are in the WILD (typically in your room), and you can do whatever you wish.

As for what type of Lucid Dream you should focus on, it ultimately depends on where you're at. If you find yourself in a dream after losing consciousness, then I would say go with the MILD/DILD technique.
However, if you are in Sleep Paralysis, and you are starting to move your limbs, and feel like moving your body, I would personally attempt the WILD technique. If you can move your body and open your eyes, see if you can perform a reality check while doing so.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 07 Aug 2014 10:41

[quote="]

I have one question to JonSnowLD. He seems to be kinda against WILD/DEILD. I wonder, what do you think about MILD's part which is later transformed to WILD.

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image[/quote]

I'm definitely not against WILDs! They're just well known to be the more difficult method that's all ;) interesting you should say that though, I was toying with MILD this morning as I had woken up to use the toilet. Later on in the morning I managed to go from a hypnagogic state directly into the start of a dream-this would by all means appear to be a WILD even though I had not been planning on it! So I guess this can work yeah.

Writing down your dreams every day does wonders for your dream recall so I would say yes to the dream journaling query!

I like Nesgirls comment-see where you're at, if you feel like you're in a good place for a WILD, then by all means go for it. If not focus on getting a DILD. Some days WILDs might just happen, other days a WILD might be out of the question :)

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 07 Aug 2014 10:42

Sorry about the quote, I messed it up when writing the post... ;)

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

Daviddd

Postby Daviddd » 10 Aug 2014 09:08

I had another lucid dream using DILD. Yet, no success in WILD. I stay still for like 20-40 minutes but nothing happens.

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 11 Aug 2014 05:18

Daviddd wrote:I had another lucid dream using DILD. Yet, no success in WILD. I stay still for like 20-40 minutes but nothing happens.

[ Post made via Windows Smartphone ] Image

Are you even in SP when you are staying still? If you aren't and it is a WBTB method, it could take a lot longer than that. Usually at its longest it can take 3 hours to trigger a WILD, however it could take longer.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Return to “For Beginners”