Non-supplementary way of getting vivid dreams?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Lily

Non-supplementary way of getting vivid dreams?

Postby Lily » 07 Aug 2014 14:55

I have been researching about having vivid dreams and my research suggests using Vitamin B6, Tryptophan & 5-HTP.

I have found out that all three have possible side-effects I would like to avoid.

Taking B6 (in high doses for more than a year) can cause brain and nerve problems. The common high dose available is 100mg, this is said to REDUCE the risk of developing nerve problems. When you think about it, 100mg is a lot to be taking if you don't have a deficiency, seeing as the daily allowance is around 1.3mg. Even if you did have a deficiency that dose would be between 2.5 & 25mg. Even if the higher dose was recommended by a doctor, you would be monitored.

Tryptophan: POSSIBLY UNSAFE when taken by mouth. It has been linked to over 1500 reports of eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome (EMS) and 37 deaths. EMS is a neurological condition with symptoms that include fatigue; intense muscle pain; nerve pain; skin changes; baldness; rash; and pain and swelling affecting the joints, connective tissue, lungs, heart, and liver. Symptoms tend to improve over time, but some people may still experience symptoms up to 2 years after they develop EMS. Some people report that their symptoms have never gone away completely.

With 5-HTP There is concern that it can cause a serious side effect called eosinophilia myalgia syndrome. Some people think this side effect is only caused by a contaminant in some 5-HTP products; but there is not enough scientific evidence to know if it is caused by 5-HTP, a contaminant, or some other factor. Until more is known, 5-HTP should be avoided. This is the advice I have found.

So with all this in mind, are there any other ways of making my dreams much more vivid without the use of supplements? Thanks!

Peter

Re: Non-supplementary way of getting vivid dreams?

Postby Peter » 07 Aug 2014 19:45

Drinking to much water can kill you as well so how about some more information on how much and how often you need to take the substances you have listed for some balance or the links to the infomation
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Lily

Postby Lily » 07 Aug 2014 20:01

Drinking to much water can kill you as well so how about some more information on how much and how often you need to take the substances you have listed for some balance or the links to the infomation

Peter, I asked a question about ways in which I can have vivid dreams without supplements. A remark about water killing people did not answer my question. Also, I did not put links because (1) I wasn't sure if that was against forum rules or not, (as with some forums it is) and (2) All the information I have stated is readily available online, just simply use Google.com and type in key words like 'Dangers of taking B6...' etc.

Thanks for your comments though and I hope you find the info! :)

Peter

Postby Peter » 07 Aug 2014 23:14

My point is that there are thousands of people using all that you have talked about and no issues and there is supporting and condemning evidence about everything you could wish to Google so I don't put much value on a lot of net research.

Best common substances for a WILD is coffee or coffee tablets or strong coco drink on WBTB

Its that simple and they both work for me around 80% of the time
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Lily

Postby Lily » 08 Aug 2014 13:19

Yes I understand that there are lots of people taking these things without problems but the research I did came from good sources and is scientifically proven, so as far as I'm concerned, I could be one of the unlucky ones that develops the condition!. I'm not one of these people that says 'it will never happen to me'. And its like with smoking, people do it even though the dangers are well known. Some people also live full lives after being a smoker for the majority of it.

Anyway, thanks for your advice about the coffee and the coca drink, I'll be sure to try it! Just one other thing.. Whilst doing my research I found out that caffeine suppresses serotonin :O But I have also found out that coca / dark chocolate increases it.

So when you say coca drink, do you mean a hot chocolate made with dark chocolate?

Take care ! :)

Peter

Postby Peter » 08 Aug 2014 14:02

Organic coco with hot milk and a little honey if you dont like the bitter taste.

Either way suppressing or increasing will have a rebound effect on some other chemical and so assist with getting lucid.
This is only to get lucid on a WILD for me and it does not help with staying lucid and in the dream space. That takes skill and experience and is another issue that I think can only come with time.

I use supplements like 5HTP but very sparingly, no more that once every couple of weeks at the most and am very careful and cautious about new stuff.

Lily

Postby Lily » 08 Aug 2014 15:51

Organic!? :O I hope it dosen't mater too much, I just bought the Bournville coco powder... Oh well I'll see how it goes :) And thanks for the tips, I guess it will take practice to stay asleep!

And yeah I guess if you use supplements it's good to use them sparingly.

I'll give the NON-ORGANIC-coco a try over the next few days and post how it goes!

Thanks again :)

Peter

Postby Peter » 08 Aug 2014 19:45

LOL - Non organic is fine, I use both but buy organic if I can as I make dark chocolate from it. Real easy and almost a health snack, just has a little honey in it

Return to “For Beginners”