Unrealistic Dreams - but still no lucidity?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Sparrow

Unrealistic Dreams - but still no lucidity?

Postby Sparrow » 22 Aug 2014 10:55

Hi everyone! I'm new here, but I thought I'd share my lucid dreaming problem here just to see if any light could be shed.
So, here's my current problem:
Last night (after about a week of pretty much dedicating myself to research about LDs etc) I had about three decently vivid dreams, at least two of which were very unrealistic. Forgive me if I'm being impatient, but I have really been improving my self awareness, and doing about 12-15 (quite thorough) reality checks a day. So if I carry on with the reality checks and improving self awareness, is it likely that I'll see a change? I'd like to know that I'm headed in the right direction! :)
Thanks!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

LucidityMaster

Re: Unrealistic Dreams - but still no lucidity?

Postby LucidityMaster » 22 Aug 2014 20:47

Hey Sparrow,

Typically, with DILD techniques, it takes about 1-2 weeks for reality checks to transfer into the dream world.

You are worrying about nothing, just wait a bit longer and you should soon see results.

Welcome to the wonderful world of lucid dreaming!

Congratulations on attempting lucid dreaming again.

The rewards of learning lucid dreaming is worth all the persistence.

You've only been trying for four days, and you expect you will already have a lucid dream?

Typically, with DILD techniques, at least 1 to 2 weeks is necessary for reality checks to transfer into the dream state.

Only in rare cases do people achieve success on their first night of practice.

I was successful on my first attempt with DEILD/WILD techniques, but this is not typically what people experience.

Some people are DILDers, others are WILDers, and some are DEILDers. You must decide which of these three categories of techniques you prefer.

People who are better at relaxing themselves, and meditation, will usually prefer WILD.

Those who struggle with relaxation techniques may prefer DILD.

Those who are heavy sleepers, and skilled at remaining in the dream state, will enjoy DEILD.

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » 22 Aug 2014 23:05

LucidityMaster wrote:Hey Sparrow,

Typically, with DILD techniques, it takes about 1-2 weeks for reality checks to transfer into the dream world.

You are worrying about nothing, just wait a bit longer and you should soon see results.

Welcome to the wonderful world of lucid dreaming!

Congratulations on attempting lucid dreaming again.

The rewards of learning lucid dreaming is worth all the persistence.

You've only been trying for four days, and you expect you will already have a lucid dream?

Typically, with DILD techniques, at least 1 to 2 weeks is necessary for reality checks to transfer into the dream state.

Only in rare cases do people achieve success on their first night of practice.

I was successful on my first attempt with DEILD/WILD techniques, but this is not typically what people experience.

Some people are DILDers, others are WILDers, and some are DEILDers. You must decide which of these three categories of techniques you prefer.

People who are better at relaxing themselves, and meditation, will usually prefer WILD.

Those who struggle with relaxation techniques may prefer DILD.

Those who are heavy sleepers, and skilled at remaining in the dream state, will enjoy DEILD.

Great! Thanks for the advice. It was more of a ponder as to whether persisting with these techniques are likely to show results. But thats great to hear. I will remain focussing on these techniques and will be sure to post any progress!

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 23 Aug 2014 23:25

Hey Sparrow,

How is your lucid dreaming going?

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » 24 Aug 2014 09:16

Hi again, still no luck, but I'm carrying on with the RCs and continuing improving my self awareness, I'm going to also try SILD for a few nights, and see how that turns out.

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 24 Aug 2014 09:22

I am interested to hear about your progress with SSILD.

Hybrid techniques (like SSILD) are extremely powerful methods.

However, like with any technique, success rates vary.

Some people (like myself) experience instant success with hybrid techniques.

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » 24 Aug 2014 10:50

Can I ask you what you mean by hybrid techniques...? Forgive me, its only that I've been mainly sticking to Rebecca's website's tips and tricks, and I can't say that I've heard of it on there.

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 24 Aug 2014 11:36

Sorry for causing any confusion, this was not my intention.

I will try to explain this as simply as possible.

Hybrid techniques combine elements of DILD and WILD.

Therefore, they can be used to induce both DILDs and WILDs.

Sparrow

Postby Sparrow » 24 Aug 2014 11:44

Oh okay. That makes more sense, haha.
But yeah, going back to SILD, I'm hoping if I try the affirmation 'I am lucid, the world is vivid' my mind will pair the sense of falling asleep and becoming lucid, so that I might actually state 'I'm lucid', and it might work. But thanks for the tips too!

Return to “For Beginners”