Gaining lucidity after a scripted event in dreams?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
sg101

Gaining lucidity after a scripted event in dreams?

Postby sg101 » 26 Aug 2014 09:47

First time posting here, but introductions are for another time.

So basically, I fall asleep and have a vivid but scripted dream taking place in my in my backyard, and this is a pretty bizarre dream too. After the conflict in my dream ends, I'm lost on what do do next, but I suddenly get the realization that I'm dreaming.

I conciously walk to my back patio. The calling for clarity works really well, its like being nearsighted and suddenly placing glasses over your head. You get crystal clear vision as a result. However, I noticed that my dream was rather monochromatic like a black and white 50s movie. Is this normal?

Also, when I preceded further though my back door and into my house, I felt dread from past nightmares which had tooken place in my house before, which unfortunately influenced the environment around me. I saw dark shapes and figures, which ultimately woke me up. This begs my next question; Are there any tips I can utilize to prevent me from scaring myself out of my own dream and waking up?

My final question and the question of this thread: All of the lucid dreams I had in the past took place in scripted dreams, from which I took control of afterwards. Is this normal for newbs like me?

LucidityMaster

Re: Gaining lucidity after a scripted event in dreams?

Postby LucidityMaster » 26 Aug 2014 10:21

Hey there, welcome to the world of lucid dreaming!

The DEILD technique is the best method for avoiding threatening dream situations.

By threatening, I mean disrupting the quality of the dream.

Here are the steps to DEILD:

1- when you sense your dream fading, perform the dream spinning technique

2- remain completely still with eyes closed

3- a new dream scene may form in front of your eyes

Could you please clarify what you mean by a scripted event? I am sort of confused.

Since you called yourself a 'novice', you might want to participate in my lucid dream research.

This research is about how quickly one can learn to lucid dream at will.

You could be a participant in the DILD category.

sg101

Postby sg101 » 26 Aug 2014 10:39

LucidityMaster wrote:Hey there, welcome to the world of lucid dreaming!

The DEILD technique is the best method for avoiding threatening dream situations.

By threatening, I mean disrupting the quality of the dream.

Here are the steps to DEILD:

1- when you sense your dream fading, perform the dream spinning technique

2- remain completely still with eyes closed

3- a new dream scene may form in front of your eyes

Could you please clarify what you mean by a scripted event? I am sort of confused.

Since you called yourself a 'novice', you might want to participate in my lucid dream research.

This research is about how quickly one can learn to lucid dream at will.

You could be a participant in the DILD category.

thank you!

I mean scripted as in not having concious control of a dream and feel as if i'm watching a scene play out

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 26 Aug 2014 11:08

Whether the beginning is 'scripted' or not depends on the type of lucid dream.

Dream initiated lucid dreams (DILDs) almost always begin without the dreamer having conscious control over the dream,

In Wake Initiated Lucid Dreams (WILDs) and Dream Exit Initiated Lucid Dreams (DEILDs), the dreamer can often have complete control over the dream from the start.

WILDs are more rare than DILDs, accounting for only 20 percent of lucid dreams.

Therefore, the vast majority of lucid experiences begin without immediate control.

Return to “For Beginners”