Restarting with lucid dreaming trouble

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Dynamo

Restarting with lucid dreaming trouble

Postby Dynamo » 04 Sep 2014 23:42

Hey guys!

So, a few months ago (with easter) I found out about lucid dreaming. I was very intrested in it. After 2 days of being into lucid dreaming (reality checks, MILD technique, dream journal,..) I got my first lucid dream, in 1 month I had about 6. My dream recall was very good, I could remember big parts of my dreams. But with school I had trouble doing reality checks, keeping up my dream journal (on a schoolday I never had a lucid dream, only in weekends). So I had to quit it.

Now I started again about 5 days ago. But I can't remember my dreams anymore, or very little pieces, also I didn't have any lucid dream yet.

The differences between easter time and now is:
I get my 8 hours of sleep, but instead of going to bed at 12am, I go to bed at 2am or 3am.

Could this be cause to bad dream recal and no lucid dreams, even tough I get my 8 hours of sleep?

I hope you understand what I wrote ;)

LucidityMaster

Re: Restarting with lucid dreaming trouble

Postby LucidityMaster » 08 Sep 2014 06:20

Hey Dynamo,

I personally have a very messed up sleep schedule (frequently I won't return to bed until 4 in the morning)

Does this mess up my Lucid Dreaming Ability (the factor I call LDA)?

Not really, I can still lucid dream at will, although i have to try harder to get up for WBTB.

My lucid dreaming frequency is the same, and my lucidity is the same.

(Lucidity is a term I use to refer to five elements of a lucid dream: awareness, clarity, duration, control and quality)

Although I know people generally recommend a balanced sleep schedule, I honestly haven't noticed the difference.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Sep 2014 07:13

Dynamo wrote:Could this be cause to bad dream recal and no lucid dreams, even tough I get my 8 hours of sleep?

I hope you understand what I wrote ;)

No one can answer that for you as we are all different. You'd best go back to sleeping how you were before and see yourself if it makes a difference to you or not.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

lucidinsocal

Postby lucidinsocal » 12 Sep 2014 21:54

For me it helps to meditate and be stress free as much as possible throughout the day or at least before bedtime. Also, if I don't get enough sleep or go to bed exhausted or too tired I am in a fog and can't get lucid. I can only get lucid if I am well rested and get plenty of sleep.

Return to “For Beginners”