I'm comfused... Need help

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
MrRaip

I'm comfused... Need help

Postby MrRaip » 09 Sep 2014 17:35

Hello! Last night after a few minutes after i gone to bed i had the feeling that Iwas sleeping! I did a reality check and my fingers were 9!!! I am a total beginner so i got anxious, and my heart was beating too fast after i realized it was a dream... I had no idea what should I do so I got comfused and i woke up!! I need some advice... How should I do after that stage??

LucidityMaster

Re: I'm comfused... Need help

Postby LucidityMaster » 10 Sep 2014 07:14

The Dream Chaining Technique can multiply your lucid dreaming frequency by a factor of five of more. Here are the steps to the Dream Chaining Technique:

Step 1- When you notice your dream fading, dream spin (spin around like a child) and vividly concentrate on the sensation of spinning.
Step 2- Once the dream has ended, remain completely still with your eyes closed (to contrast the motion of spinning). You will have a second chance to enter a lucid dream.
Step 3- Either, a dream will automatically form in front of you, or you must initiate it. You can visualize the dream into existence (MSDT), or alternatively concentrate on leaving your body.
How does the Dream Chaining Technique work? I believe the contrast in motion between spinning, and remaining completely still, tricks your brain into staying in the dream state.

MrRaip

Postby MrRaip » 10 Sep 2014 17:13

Thank you very much! I appreciate your feedback!! I'll try that the next time I have an experience like this!!! I also wanted to ask... I read in an article that I can ask my dreaming self about my real-life problems and he can give me advice etc. Is this true??? Thanks again!!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Sep 2014 05:23

MrRaip wrote:Hello! Last night after a few minutes after i gone to bed i had the feeling that Iwas sleeping! I did a reality check and my fingers were 9!!! I am a total beginner so i got anxious, and my heart was beating too fast after i realized it was a dream... I had no idea what should I do so I got comfused and i woke up!! I need some advice... How should I do after that stage??

Dont know what to do? How about next time trying to explore the dream you've found yourself in. If you start to loose it try counting your fingers again or staring at your hand or feeling something around you to pull yourself into it more deeper.

Many of us loose our dreams if we spin as it disconnects one from the current dream setting etc. That being said it does work for some. I suggest to try focusing in on your dream more before trying something like that.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Sep 2014 05:28

MrRaip wrote: I also wanted to ask... I read in an article that I can ask my dreaming self about my real-life problems and he can give me advice etc. Is this true??? Thanks again!!

Its your subconsciousness thou which is providing the answers if you ask your dream things and the subconsciousnesses usual language is by symbols and pictures. You can ask your dreaming self things but you may find it diffullt to know what its trying to tell you unless you understand the language it speaks. It will also present things like your inner fears and other kinds of things too before you.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

lucidinsocal

Postby lucidinsocal » 12 Sep 2014 21:49

Have you tried meditation? It helps you stay in the present and not get caught up in your surroundings. You are not your body, you are not even your mind, you are consciousness. I like the "isha kriya" meditation. I had a very good vivid lucid dream after doing this meditation for just one day.

Return to “For Beginners”