why does hypnagogia or imagining a picture not work for me

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
LucidLover140

why does hypnagogia or imagining a picture not work for me

Postby LucidLover140 » 07 Oct 2014 09:56

hypnagogia:
I'm having trouble doing this i don't know why i just can't i can be fully relaxed for about 20 minutes and not even have any sign that it is going to work please help me? Thanks :|

imagining:
i don't know i just can't have any visualization at all on what i'm thinking about all i see is the dark patch of my eyes and find it extremely boring trying to do this.

Regards: LucidLover140

jasmine2

Re: why does hypnagogia or imagining a picture not work for

Postby jasmine2 » 13 Oct 2014 00:26

People have different styles of learning and also different styles of imagination - geared more towards visual objects, or verbal description, color, sound, tactile sensation, or movement and kinesthetic sense.

Rather than trying to "see" dream-like objects or characters, you could imagine closing your eyes and just "sensing" your body position and balance as you move slowly around in imagined space. Bounce and float some.

You can decide that, as you explore, you won't fall down, and nothing will feel too sharp or otherwise uncomfortable. Then recall the feeling and texture of a large variety of objects - trees, grass, water, furniture, pillows, books, fruits and vegetables, soft furry animals, frogs. Remember the feeling of a gentle breeze, the sound of birds or music, and the smell of flowers, the taste and smell of food. - Whatever - without necessarily "seeing" anything in your mind's eye.

GavinBoyd

Postby GavinBoyd » 13 Oct 2014 06:46

I think you may be trying to hard to actually physically see an object or setting or what ever it is you're imagining. Instead of actually trying to see it with you're physical eyes. Just think about it. You don't necessarily have to see it between your eyelids and you're eye balls. It's all in the minds eye. Which sounds complex but its not. It's basically just daydreaming but with much more focus. So next time you try this just kinda focus on it. It's not about having actual hallucinations. I believe it's kind of just like the MILD technique but with thoughts of images instead of actual phrases.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

JonSnowLD

Postby JonSnowLD » 13 Oct 2014 23:02

I find the best time for me to experience hypnagogia is having just awakened so i'm still on the border of sleep-not trying to get there from being awake.

jasmine2 wrote:People have different styles of learning and also different styles of imagination - geared more towards visual objects, or verbal description, color, sound, tactile sensation, or movement and kinesthetic sense.

This goes for me-I feel more tactile sensations and movement than I actually see things!
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

Return to “For Beginners”