Improving Dream Recall without a Dream Journal?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
GonR

Improving Dream Recall without a Dream Journal?

Postby GonR » 20 Oct 2014 01:22

I have really, really, really bad dream recall. I've heard that the average person remembers a dream once every two or three months. The last time I recalled a dream was probably 8-10 years ago--and I'm still a teenager. So, while working on self-awareness and such, I really want to work on my dream recall. However, I'm not really a morning person, and I always wake up late and in a hurry (which might be part of my problem?) so I don't think I'd have time to keep a journal about my dreams, if I start remembering them, when I wake up.

Any tips?

Inedible

Re: Improving Dream Recall without a Dream Journal?

Postby Inedible » 20 Oct 2014 05:23

You don't have to do it in writing, at least initially. Get a digital recorder and talk into it. You can set it up so you don't even need to turn on the lights to find the button to record. Then - at your convenience, if you need to - you can transfer the content to writing. Your recall may improve even without this step.

It is likely that your biggest problem is that you aren't sleeping enough.

dreamstudent

Re: Improving Dream Recall without a Dream Journal?

Postby dreamstudent » 27 Oct 2014 07:10

He's right although dream journal significant increases your overall dream memory process digital recording is your only option I've done so with an app on my phone however its important you label each recording

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “For Beginners”