First Time Trying to Lucid Dream

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
YanksFan

First Time Trying to Lucid Dream

Postby YanksFan » 10 Nov 2014 13:40

Hi :D . I heard about lucid dreaming a couple days ago and immediately I was interested. I've read up on a bunch of different articles from this site. Everyday I keep a dream journal, do about 20 meaningful reality checks, plan out my dream, tell myself to lucid dream, and meditate. I have noticed that I have dreamed about school and baseball both nights. In fact, I dreamed about playing baseball at school last night. I feel I have an advantage over other beginners because I have always had very vivid dreams and have been able to recall 4 dreams each morning since I started the journal. Thoughts? When will I start dreaming lucid?

Je-Je

Re: First Time Trying to Lucid Dream

Postby Je-Je » 11 Nov 2014 10:35

I think you will have a lucid dream soon, if you continue like this. Average people who have their first lucid dream is after 21 days, this is how long your subconscious need for a new thing becomes a habit. ;)
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

YanksFan

Postby YanksFan » 11 Nov 2014 13:26

Ok, thanks!

DreamLord

Postby DreamLord » 15 Nov 2014 17:46

Also, YanksFan, i don't know if this could work for you, but i have had a lot of success with this induction technique called SSILD.

The variation that i've had a lot of success with is where you repeat the "Cycle" 4-6 times, but slowly and focused, and in an uncomfortable position so that i don't fall asleep prematurely. So far, it's worked like a charm, and i'm really glad that my dry spell is over.
LDs: 55
WILDs: 7
DEILDs: 1
DILDs: 47

You think that's air your breathing?

YanksFan

Postby YanksFan » 16 Nov 2014 14:32

Alright, I'll check it out.

Return to “For Beginners”